Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Help!! - Update: Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal Help!! - Update: Approved

Hi all,

I’ve had the platinum card from navy for the 91/3. I applied for a CLI wasn’t approved reasoning card is too new. I applied for the cash rewards same denial but applied for CLOC approved for 15k.

My question is would doing a recon for the cash rewards card make sense, should I just wait another couple of months then reapply or apply for the Amex card?

I’m not too concerned about the CLI, but I do need another 15k card for business purposes. 

Mod note:  I've updated your subject to reflect your approval; feel free to change/edit if you would like.  --UB

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Help!!

The one time I applied for a CLI and my 2nd card, right away i send an email on the secure message and tell them how happy I'm to be a member, my future plans on building a good history and how i'm planning on using my cards responsibly.  That day, they got approved.

Message 2 of 18
601flyguy
Established Contributor

I seem to have great results sending secure messages and surveys. Creditors definitely pay attention to those things. Just be polite.
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the feedback.  

I sent them a nice message hopefully they're nice and reverse the decision.

Should I call them or wait for them to respond?

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you say surveys are you referring to the ones over the phone?

Message 5 of 18
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When you say surveys are you referring to the ones over the phone?

The ones they send via email or personal message. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

interesting, I haven't received any yet. 

Thanks for the clarification, I will be watching out for those.

Do you have any tips for me and my giving situation?

Message 7 of 18
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

interesting, I haven't received any yet. 

Thanks for the clarification, I will be watching out for those.

Do you have any tips for me and my giving situation?

Nope. I would try to recon, it can't hurt at this point. If the recon isn't positive, I'd try again in six months. I'm almost in the same situation as you, but my CLI was approved with a HP after the account had been open six months. I applied for another card and was denied - I'd reached my maximum limit with them. A month later I applied for a $10K CLOC, and was approved (once I sent in paperwork). I don't plan to apply for another card with them until January, I'm going to give it six months. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh ok, so they're making people wait every 6 months now.

Well, I hope the recon works. Do you know of any other companies that give large limits for people with average credit?? 

Message 9 of 18
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh ok, so they're making people wait every 6 months now.

Well, I hope the recon works. Do you know of any other companies that give large limits for people with average credit?? 

Six months seems to be the new norm although people have still gotten a CLI at 91/3. No, I have no idea of any company that would give you a large limit with average credit. (I also have never looked.)

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.