cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Measly 700 cl on Platinum Card.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal Measly 700 cl on Platinum Card.

My transunion fico which they pulled is 716 with exceptional payment history with 12 cards but i have alot of recent inquires and my AAoA is less then a year.i see people with 500  and 600 getting 10k-20k limits.i asked them for a manual review so i will see what happens.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Measly 700 cl on Platinum Card.

Measely 700 can easily become 7000 or 17k in a matter of months. Every profile is different and Navy definetly doesnt give limits based on score, id say more based on income and debt ratio.
Message 2 of 19
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Measely 700 can easily become 7000 or 17k in a matter of months. Every profile is different and Navy definetly doesnt give limits based on score, id say more based on income and debt ratio.

+1 Yes alot of factors go in, you can't based other people's limits , all types of profiles.  NFCU will be generous if you use your card right. You should be happy to be approved .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Indeed, though to be fair to Op, we all dream of that big instant sl. I know i did with my original $500 approval. Human nature lolSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 19
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Indeed, though to be fair to Op, we all dream of that big instant sl. I know i did with my original $500 approval. Human nature lolSmiley Wink

Oh I agree I love the instant high starting limit when it happens, but also have been on the low starting end a few times. I could continue scratching my head at AMEX and discover for giving me low limits while others get HUGE starts, but I will just let them grow hopefully.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 5 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Credit is a crazy world. There is a poster here having issues with Credit One, goes and applies Discover and gets 12k sl🤯

No one knows which lender will be their golden chidSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Credit is a crazy world. There is a poster here having issues with Credit One, goes and applies Discover and gets 12k sl🤯

No one knows which lender will be their golden chidSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 19
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Navy sucks

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My transunion fico which they pulled is 716 with exceptional payment history with 12 cards but i have alot of recent inquires and my AAoA is less then a year.i see people with 500  and 600 getting 10k-20k limits.i asked them for a manual review so i will see what happens.

If it makes you feel any better there was a member just recently that was approved for a $500 card and a $15k CLOC and they were making over $100k.  Does that make sense?  Not to me.

I feel I got a lower limit just recently on the Platinum as well.  My current F9 on the NFCU site is 831.  I have no balances to transfer.  I was disappointed but I know it will grow with time so I didn't try to recon the SL.  

I know you see what I see, lower scores even with blemishes, being approved for crazy CLs.  There is no logic most of the time to this madness.  Whoever programmed that algorithm for approvals and credit determinations might just have been sniffing glue while typing.

Message 9 of 19
Fire6546
New Contributor

My current scores are listed, I signed up back in sept for nfcu. Opened checking and savings and deposited 5 bucks in each, Apped for cash rewards...denied...apped for cloc chose 500 approved instant...let accounts sit till end of October, apped for gorewards, instant 3500 and apped for cli on cloc for 6k approved and just Friday I apped for auto refi 32k approved at 5.19 for 72m

I’ve not ever had to supply my poi which is 86.4k verifiable so not an issue if they ever do ask, I have 4 derogatories with one being disputed, so why all of a sudden they working with me when denied card right from start, luck of draw I guess, same with SL’s too it seems, they’re all over the board
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.