Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal More Rewards AMEX Approval

tag
rsteele216

Navy Federal More Rewards AMEX Approval

Hey all!!!

Today I jumped on Navy Federal's page to prequalify and see what cards I would be eligible for. I already had their Platinum Mastercard and was hoping to maybe get the Flagship or More Rewards AMEX. To my surprise, I was "prequalified" for all the cards they offered. I leaned toward the More Rewards due to not traveling that often, and if need be, I could just use the rewards points towards travel when necessary.

To my surprise, I was approved for $25,000 SL with a 13.49% rate!! I thought that was a pretty good rate and SL, being that I am in the 640-650 Fico Range. I do not have any derogs of any kind, just had some high balances compared to credit lines. I have worked hard to pay those down, and clearly it paid off with the approval.

Best of luck to everyone else in their credit journeys!!!

Starting Score: 652
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

Re: Navy Federal More Rewards AMEX Approval

Smiley Wink Niiiiiiice CL! 

Congratulations on the approval! 

Goal Score: EX 700|TU 700|EQ700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 2 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Wow, 25K out the door, grats on getting it!!

Message 3 of 17
Mellon
Established Contributor

Awesome approval

Message 4 of 17
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your NFCU More Rewards approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 5 of 17
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval @rsteele216 

Message 6 of 17
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your NOV 22 CLI.jpg More Rewards Card approval! Great SL!

Message 7 of 17
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

@rsteele216 wrote:

Hey all!!!

Today I jumped on Navy Federal's page to prequalify and see what cards I would be eligible for. I already had their Platinum Mastercard and was hoping to maybe get the Flagship or More Rewards AMEX. To my surprise, I was "prequalified" for all the cards they offered. I leaned toward the More Rewards due to not traveling that often, and if need be, I could just use the rewards points towards travel when necessary.

To my surprise, I was approved for $25,000 SL with a 13.49% rate!! I thought that was a pretty good rate and SL, being that I am in the 640-650 Fico Range. I do not have any derogs of any kind, just had some high balances compared to credit lines. I have worked hard to pay those down, and clearly it paid off with the approval.

Best of luck to everyone else in their credit journeys!!!

Given your FICOs, that's a spectacular starting limit. Even for Navy Fed. Congrats! It's my favorite card.

Message 8 of 17
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Excellent choice.

Congrats!

Message 9 of 17
greatscott85
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.