cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal More Rewards Amex Approval for 25K with $400 SUB. Thanks y'all and thanks NFCU!

tag
AceTen
Regular Contributor

Navy Federal More Rewards Amex Approval for 25K with $400 SUB. Thanks y'all and thanks NFCU!

Thanks so much to everyone on this site for the wonderful information! I joined NFCU about a year ago after learning about them from this site. I recently received a pre-approval for the More rewards card with a special 40k/$400 sub and I was approved at 12.99% interest and $25,000 limit.

I have long wanted to add an amex card to my lineup and also get a card with NFCU . My only issues was deciding if I wanted to app the US BANK $500 Sub connect card or the Chase Flex (to complete the trifecta) before the Navy cards. I have 2 cash plus visas with USBANK (my oldest 2 cards at 14 yrs and 11 years) and bank accounts so I was fairly confident of an approval but I thought Navy would give a higher limit. I ultimately decided the more rewards card would be more useful to me right now especially since it is a no fee card and the $400 sub offer expired in August. 

Thanks again to all you lovely and knowlegeable people!  

DP:

Transunion pulled. Currently have scores 800-805 with 3% currently reporting as my last pif has not updated. 

0 inquiries on TU

Income: upper 5 digits

This makes my 8th tradeline.  

$0 debt $0 mortgage $0 car loan

If anyone is interested in more Dps... I am currently 0/6 1/12 1/24 with last account and inquiry from CSP approval 8 months ago with the 800k sub. I was approved and the limit was AUTO CLI 2 weeks ago by 5k. Thanks to Remidios and others who have mentioned what makes chase inclined to do auto CLI (big spend and PIF).

Congratulations, AceTen! You've been approved for the Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® card!

You can expect to receive your new card in a plain, white envelope in the mail in 7-10 business days.

The card will be mailed to your home address. If you need your card sent to another address, please call 1-888-842-6328. Thank you for choosing Navy Federal!

Your Credit Limit

$25,000.00

Your APR

12.99%

"Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken."
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal More Rewards Amex Instant Approval for 25K with $400 SUB. Thanks y'all and thanks N

Congrats on your Navy MR approval🤑

Message 2 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Navy Federal More Rewards Amex Instant Approval for 25K with $400 SUB. Thanks y'all and thanks N

Fantastic SL, max at approval grats on getting it and the very nice SUB to go with it!

Message 3 of 15
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

I think you have More Rewards SUB ($150) confused with Flagship SUB ($400 + 1yr Amazon Prime).

Message 4 of 15
AceTen
Regular Contributor

I'm frequently confused, but not this time. Haha!

I got a special offer email from Navy with the 40k points offer for the more rewards amex. 

I doubt it will work for anyone else as it was targeted but:

Hurry—this offer ends Aug. 31, 2021. Use promo code 25132.

Get the Navy Federal  ® Card, and you’ll earn 40,000 bonus points (a $400 value) when you spend $4,000 within 90 days of account opening.

"Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken."
Message 5 of 15
AceTen
Regular Contributor

Dearest Mods: I did not realize the link would show in my last post. Apologies if that is not allowed, please remove it. It shows the landing page for the offer. 

Message 6 of 15
Rudy1
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval!  Nice limit and nice apr!

>
Goal Cards:
Message 7 of 15
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@AceTen wrote:

I'm frequently confused, but not this time. Haha!

I got a special offer email from Navy with the 40k points offer for the more rewards amex. 

I doubt it will work for anyone else as it was targeted but:

Hurry—this offer ends Aug. 31, 2021. Use promo code 25132.

You’re Preapproved

Get the Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card, and you’ll earn 40,000 bonus points (a $400 value) when you spend $4,000 within 90 days of account opening.

Oh, wow!

Sweet offer on a great card. You are a lucky person.

Message 8 of 15
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the very nice approval!

Message 9 of 15
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.