cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Secured nRewards Card Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal Secured nRewards Card Approved!

First time writing a post, long time browser of the forums. I want to thank everyone for the information that has been spread it is has been a tremendous help to say the least in my journey to rebuilding my credit since Sept 19. My current scores FICO8 are around 595 transunion which everyone says Navy Federal pulls as far as report. I have roughly 28,000 in debt from 4-7 years ago I've never paid back. $6K from Amex charged off, $12K from capital one, and other lenders for the remainder such as an installment loan from Ford I never finished paying off my damage from a lease in 2018. But In September, I started to look into everything and I got a First Progress Card for $750 secured line (they are terrbile as you can't pay your bill online, I have to use my banks bill pay system) and an opensky $500 secured line which isn't as bad since you can pay online. I was denied for a Disco secured card and a few other ones so I pretty much gave up. So they've been open and then in Jan opened a Citi Secured card for $1K in hopes of a card that will actually graduate. In beginning of Feb got approved for Credit one for $300 unsecured. Also opened a Ally auto loan for around $20k at 5.69% that my s/o cosigned on so i was very happy and blessed for that but that hasn't hit my reports yet. I read a lot of information regarding how well Navy Federal treats their customers so I applied for membership (through my dad, Navy veteran) and deposited 40$ into the accounts and asked regarding credit cards so they transferred me. Of course minimun needed in the savings account is $205 ($5 is hidden to keep the account active) to apply for the the secured nRewards. I wanted a line of credit of $500 so I had to wait til today to do the full deposit into the savings. I called in and took care of that and figured what the hell i'll apply with little to no hopes of an approval since I screwed over every bank pretty much had ONE day of experience with Navy FCU. Well to my suprise I was approved for the $500 right then and there in 30 seconds and they couldn't have been happier or nicer to me telling me since I gave them a little background of my situation. I understand I put my self in this situation but am trying to right my wrongs. The cards I currently have all have $0 balances on them with my First Progress reporting only four payments. I also have no intentions of leaving a balance on the card I just wanted a foot in the door with someone who cares about people who putforth an effort. Any tips or anything for NFCU to get a CLI. I read 91 days + 3 statements which I didn't really understand but I really don't plan of leaving any kind of money in the accounts with them and don't know if that makes a big impact in what the future holds with them... Their app is easy to use and If my girlfriend didn't work for a certain bank I would strongly consider them for their customer service and friendly staff I've dealt with so far.

I appreciate anyone taking the time to read this and any information you knowledgable forum members might have.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Secured nRewards Card Approved!

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your NFCU nRewards approval!

Message 3 of 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you!

Message 5 of 14
NimbusIII
Frequent Contributor

First off Congratulations hopefully it will be the last bank you need.  Navy will take care of you as long as you take care of  them.  To answer your question regarding a CLI request, it is my understanding from your post that you recieved the secured card, in which case you will need to wait until it graduates before being able to request a CLI. On the plus side when it graduates you will most likely receive a CLI and the about 91 days after that you should be able to request one.

“The man who says he can, and the man who says he can not… Are both correct.”
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval.

Message 7 of 14
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval! 👍

Message 9 of 14
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

@NimbusIII wrote:

First off Congratulations hopefully it will be the last bank you need.  Navy will take care of you as long as you take care of  them.  To answer your question regarding a CLI request, it is my understanding from your post that you recieved the secured card, in which case you will need to wait until it graduates before being able to request a CLI. On the plus side when it graduates you will most likely receive a CLI and the about 91 days after that you should be able to request one.

All the above.... and congrats on joining NAVY!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.