Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal cashRewards Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal cashRewards Approved!

I was approved for Navy Federal membership over the phone and opened a checking and savings account with the rep. She said I also had an offer for a secured credit card, but I declined. After our conversation, I logged in online and applied for the unsecured cashRewards card and was approved! It has a low $500 limit and 18.0% APR but happy regardless. They pulled TU, and my score is 575. My re-build continues... 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Navy Federal cashRewards Approved!

Hey it is a start right?  Congrats on your approval!

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

I was approved for Navy Federal membership over the phone and opened a checking and savings account with the rep. She said I also had an offer for a secured credit card, but I declined. After our conversation, I logged in online and applied for the unsecured cashRewards card and was approved! It has a low $500 limit and 18.0% APR but happy regardless. They pulled TU, and my score is 575. My re-build continues... 

Congrats, that is awesome.    as a rebuilder myself, I started with a low limit CR card as well.   As you can see from my sig, some history with navy goes a long way. 

Message 3 of 18
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

We all have to start somewhere. Congrats on the approval!

Message 4 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Bra, you showed Navy by not settling for a secured card and now they show you the luv. Come at me bro, indeedSmiley Wink

#TeamNavy Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 18
wingennis
Valued Contributor

Congratulations.  Before you know it you will be swimming in preapprovals!

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

@Anonymous, congrats on the CR card...you are on the way!!

Welcome to the community...we're glad you're with us!!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 18
peghede
Valued Contributor

@ Jago22

Hey m8 since u have 3 cards with navy nd small limits why not  go for 4th with them.u never know.lol

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

@ Jago22

Hey m8 since u have 3 cards with navy nd small limits why not  go for 4th with them.u never know.lol

I can see someone was paying attention M8. Smiley Tongue  i have been talking about trying that for about a month now, I'm just not sure which one to go for..  They say the limit is 3.. i want to test that.   91/3 isnt till later this month tho. 

@peghede.     I clicked on it for S&G, but it put up a msg i have 3 already..   4 is a no go

Message 9 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Jago, just tell Navy you know M8 and the RajSmiley Wink
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.