Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal is AWESOME!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal is AWESOME!

I've had my GoRewards card with Navy since March of this year which was given an initial limit of $12500. I have been using the card and paying it off in full. I've started my rebuild as of January this year and couldn't be happier with the results. I requested a CLI on the GoRewards card at 91 days and was denied. I needed a card at 0% to purchase my tickets to fly back to the states for Christmas so I applied for the Platinum Card with them. The wheel span that felt like eternity and came back with $1900 limit with a 9.99% APR with 0% for 12 months. I was disappointed but I was happy that they finally gave me another card which they had denied me earlier. 

Well, last night after a couple of beers and reading a post here to sending them a message for a credit limit reconsideration. I gave it a shot and holy freaking smokes they came back and said we have reconsidered you limit and your new limit is $15000. HOLY FREAKING SMOKES. Now my highest limit and the lowest APR. Looks like Christmas came early for me. hahahahahahhaha.

Data Points:

Score Pulled: 710

AAoA: 3 years

INQ: 17 total 12 in the last 12 months

Income: $55000

New Accounts: 12 in the last 12 months.

NAVY FED APPROVAL Part 2.PNG 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal is AWESOME!

Congrats!  Gotta love NFCU

Message 2 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Only Navy could drop a bomb and make you feel like the exposion is purely asteticSmiley Wink. HUGE congrats. Now we are going to see everyone and their Uncle B's recon Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 13
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

21719i720D07BB8D739D3A.gif

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!! Way to go!

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I'm looking forward to getting in with NFCU..
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the great SL! I'm going to put my NCFU approval in here. I got an instant approval a few days ago for the NCFU Platinum Visa with $3900 SL 9.9 APR. I did the online message recon and was told 3900 was all they could do right now. It's my first NCFU product so I'm not surprised at the lower starting limit. Hopefully it will grow.

Message 7 of 13
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wedge71. Hey dont worry with the low SL. They will deliver; just be patient just let the account age past 91 days and try the love button. Didnt work for me and they also denied me for a second card. But 43 days later bam approved for $15K. Trust me they are the best in the business. Just be patient and they WILL Deliver! Good luck!

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous. Hey dont worry with the low SL. They will deliver; just be patient just let the account age past 91 days and try the love button. Didnt work for me and they also denied me for a second card. But 43 days later bam approved for $15K. Trust me they are the best in the business. Just be patient and they WILL Deliver! Good luck!

Thank you! I've heard they are great and give generous SL. I wanted a card with a low APR to use for any large purchases that I can't PIF. Looking forward to watching this card grow!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.