Did you mean: 

Navy Federal strikes again!

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Navy Federal strikes again!

@Remedios wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Glad to hear you're enjoying your 12 Pro Max and battery life seems pretty good.  Also, congrats on getting back to the TCL $100K threshold.

Which SYNCB CCs did you get rid off?  You no like Synchy? 😛 A good friend of mine called them "stinky" bank because her old account got closed for inactivity.  And we could probably guess what I said 😄

File a complaint, and start class action lawsuit!

What did I win?

Definitely no goat, or cow.  But, this! 😄😂😛❤️

Zonk.jpg

Basically, I told her STBU (in a nice way)...use your cards lol.

Message 21 of 39
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Glad to hear you're enjoying your 12 Pro Max and battery life seems pretty good.  Also, congrats on getting back to the TCL $100K threshold.

Which SYNCB CCs did you get rid off?  You no like Synchy? 😛 A good friend of mine called them "stinky" bank because her old account got closed for inactivity.  And we could probably guess what I said 😄

File a complaint, and start class action lawsuit!

What did I win?

Definitely no goat, or cow.  But, this! 😄😂😛❤️

Zonk.jpg

Basically, I told her STBU (in a nice way)...use your cards lol.

It's cool, I'll take a donkey!

(Did she kudo your words? She should have!) 

Message 22 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

I have never had a battery that consistently lasted more than 5 1/2 hours of heavy use so this thing is a dream come true for me. 

I am not quite back over $100K yet but I'm hoping I'll get $5K from US Bank next year. I'll be 0/12 in April and I opened up a Gold Checking with them in April or May this year. FICOs should be around 820 once that 12 months AoYRA marker comes into play so I can't see myself being any more optimized for them. Hoping that DCU finally sees fit to increase my card from $1K too now that my EQ5 is up to 759. They weren't fond of my 684~688 range I had before the BK fell off nor were they fond of my credit seeking. 

I got rid of a $10K CareCredit, $10K PayPal Cashback, and $7500 B&H Payboo. I basically just wanted to get my exposure down to a reasonable number when they were shutting everyone down. I have a $2K Marvel and $10K Amazon still. Lots of people getting shut down this year but yeah, inactive cards are not a reason to get upset. Use it or lose it lol. 

Message 23 of 39
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

I have never had a battery that consistently lasted more than 5 1/2 hours of heavy use so this thing is a dream come true for me. 

I am not quite back over $100K yet but I'm hoping I'll get $5K from US Bank next year. I'll be 0/12 in April and I opened up a Gold Checking with them in April or May this year. FICOs should be around 820 once that 12 months AoYRA marker comes into play so I can't see myself being any more optimized for them. Hoping that DCU finally sees fit to increase my card from $1K too now that my EQ5 is up to 759. They weren't fond of my 684~688 range I had before the BK fell off nor were they fond of my credit seeking. 

I got rid of a $10K CareCredit, $10K PayPal Cashback, and $7500 B&H Payboo. I basically just wanted to get my exposure down to a reasonable number when they were shutting everyone down. I have a $2K Marvel and $10K Amazon still. Lots of people getting shut down this year but yeah, inactive cards are not a reason to get upset. Use it or lose it lol. 

Sounds like you will be well-positioned for USB whenever you decide to pull the trigger!  

Bummer you closed your PPCBMC 😔. I replaced my old PPEXMC with the PPCBMC in the summer and like it way much better.  But, understandable as far as your tolerance for risk or closures since that train hasn't stopped.

Although, I noticed the have shortened the inactivity window for some of their products and my eBay MC, Banana Rep Visa, and Cathay Pacific got closed after no use in a 6 month timeframe.  All others were ok.  I wasn't upset but laughed at myself for it because I felt a sense of relief of being able to get a couple more 😛

Message 24 of 39
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 25 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Sounds like you will be well-positioned for USB whenever you decide to pull the trigger!  

Bummer you closed your PPCBMC 😔. I replaced my old PPEXMC with the PPCBMC in the summer and like it way much better.  But, understandable as far as your tolerance for risk or closures since that train hasn't stopped.

Although, I noticed the have shortened the inactivity window for some of their products and my eBay MC, Banana Rep Visa, and Cathay Pacific got closed after no use in a 6 month timeframe.  All others were ok.  I wasn't upset but laughed at myself for it because I felt a sense of relief of being able to get a couple more 😛

With US Bank, yes I don't think I could be any more optimized, so if they say no this time they clearly are holding a grudge over my burning them in my BK. They've said no twice because of new accounts so if I get a third no, I'll move on. Just would be nice to get back in with a bank I burned but it's not the end of the world either way. 

I got rid of the PPCBMC because I have the AOD card giving me 3% everywhere. If that gets nerfed I'll think about the PPCBMC again but I just wanted to make sure I preserved my Amazon Store Card since I'm beyond 5/24 so I can't get the Chase Amazon and I don't have a business so I can't get the AMEX business Amazon card. With me being home bound, the vast majority of my spending beyond utilities and groceries is on Amazon so it would be painful to lose that card. 

Sync has definitely tightened up a lot this year. I have gotten into the quarterly habit of pulling out the 10 cards I have that don't get frequent use and putting Amazon reloads on them to keep them active. 

COVID completely changed the way I look at money and has forced me to save money for the first time in my life so honestly I could probably downsize quite a bit since I'm only spending on average about $350 a month on cards but I really don't want to. I still like collecting cards, I'm just trying not to be as impulsive about it. Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 39
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats @Anonymous !!

Y'all are positing approvals faster than I can type in my phone!!😂

Message 27 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:

Congrats @Anonymous !!

Y'all are positing approvals faster than I can type in my phone!!😂

Lol! You gotta learn to type faster! (This message was typed on my phone 😂)

Thank you sir! I have slowed down a lot with the approvals but I will take every win when I go looking for them! Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 39
dudefromtx
Established Contributor

Congrats on your CLI!

Message 29 of 39
Irv02
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!!!  Go Navy!

Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.