Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal- worth the wait!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal- worth the wait!

So, after waiting eight days for the new member department to verify my identity and approve my membership, I decided to inquire about credit card applications. After chatting with a credit card agent, she advised me to call in and ask for the prequalification tool without running my credit. To my surprise, I was prequalified for all of Navy's cards. So naturally I was unbelievably excited and unsure which card to go for. My mind went to the Cash Rewards that many folk on the forum are approved for, and is the most popular card according to the rep. And yes I was approved for my first Navy Federal card on the same day that my membership was approved. $700 starting limit. I did ask if I needed to wait a certain amount of time before applying for a second card and she stated there was no time limit. #NavyFedExcited
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
Openwater
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Federal- worth the wait!

Congrats on the approval! Glad to hear it worked out. Go Navy! Cheers!

Discover 22K ---------------------------- Credit Union MC 17K
Cap1 QS 11K ---------------------------- Barclay 3.4K
AMEX Blue Cash AU 15.5K ------ Barclay Apple AU 10K
AMEX BCP 15K
1 Installment loans:
Auto 60K /

AMEX Hilton Aspire 25K
Vantage 3.0: TU:738 EQ: 737 03-17-2020
Ch. 7 DC 12/2014
Message 2 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your NFCU cashRewards approval! You do need to wait at least 91 days and 3 statements before you can apply for a second card or ask for CLI.

Message 3 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Omg, the uncertainty of waiting was a little nerve wracking but I'm glad to become a member. Looking forward to that second cardSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Steve891. I have the date marked on my phone calendar.
Message 5 of 36
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 6 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval! 👍
Message 7 of 36
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Glad you were able to navigate the new account waters smoothly, cheers to your new card as well

Message 8 of 36
newfossil
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So, after waiting eight days for the new member department to verify my identity and approve my membership, I decided to inquire about credit card applications. After chatting with a credit card agent, she advised me to call in and ask for the prequalification tool without running my credit. To my surprise, I was prequalified for all of Navy's cards. So naturally I was unbelievably excited and unsure which card to go for. My mind went to the Cash Rewards that many folk on the forum are approved for, and is the most popular card according to the rep. And yes I was approved for my first Navy Federal card on the same day that my membership was approved. $700 starting limit. I did ask if I needed to wait a certain amount of time before applying for a second card and she stated there was no time limit. #NavyFedExcited

Congratulations!

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 9 of 36
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.