Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Flagship CLI, now at 25K UPDATE: GoRewards now at 17K

tag
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

Navy Flagship CLI, now at 25K UPDATE: GoRewards now at 17K

The other day, I thought I was at 91/3 with my Navy Flagship, but I was off by a couple of days, so I got declined. This morning, I tried again, instant approval from $20,000 to $25,000. This gives me two cards with Navy at $25,000 (Flagship and Cash Rewards) plus a $10,900 Go Rewards, which I'll try for a CLI on next month.

The Flagship has quickly become my daily driver for non-shopping and non-dining purposes since it gives 3% for transportation including Metrocards and Uber / Lyft. I managed to meet the SUB requirement well inside of 3 months.

UPDATE: This morning, I decided to go for the CLI on my Go Rewards. Requested $17,000 limit since I thought going from $10,900 to $25,000 was more likely to be declined. Instant Approval. Going for the next bump to $25,000 in June.

SECOND UPDATE: A quick review of my credit card spreadsheet with this new CLI shows that I now have over $500K in available credit, with utilization about 1/2 percent.

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Navy Flagship CLI, now at 25K

Congrats! I don’t have any NFCU cards, but it always sounds like they give good limits! Enjoy!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, When did you apply for this card ? They SPed You ?

Message 3 of 20
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 4 of 20
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats, When did you apply for this card ? They SPed You ?

The only SP that NFCU does is for AR otherwise, if you are just thinking about applying for credit with NFCU they will HP you. I have read that sometimes Navy will grant a CLI after an AR without an HP, however, I understand that this too is hit or miss.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 5 of 20
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@bizarrocreditworld wrote:

The other day, I thought I was at 91/3 with my Navy Flagship, but I was off by a couple of days, so I got declined. This morning, I tried again, instant approval from $20,000 to $25,000. This gives me two cards with Navy at $25,000 (Flagship and Cash Rewards) plus a $10,900 Go Rewards, which I'll try for a CLI on next month.

The Flagship has quickly become my daily driver for non-shopping and non-dining purposes since it gives 3% for transportation including Metrocards and Uber / Lyft. I managed to meet the SUB requirement well inside of 3 months.

Congrats ! ! !

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice; I noticed you've gotten some great approvals recently.  Congrats.

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Bizzy. 🥓🐬🎊🎉🎈🍾

Message 8 of 20
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats! 

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Navy is showing the love these days (just got some myself!)

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.