Starting Score (May 2017): 584 TU
Current Scores: 752 TU, 717 EQ, 750 EX

Goal Score: 820+

Message 11 of 20
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Flagship CLI, now at 25K

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats, When did you apply for this card ? They SPed You ?

I applied for this card on 9/7 and was instantly approved for $20,000. The GoRewards was the first card on 3/1, which started at $3,900, which went to $10,900 on 6/1. The Cash Rewards was the second card on 6/1 for $15,000, which went to $25,000 on 9/7.

I should mention my FICO 9 EQ (which is what they use for CLI) is at 767 today, which was a drop of 7 from last month.

I like Navy a lot, but they do not have my highest limit bank card (That's PenFed, where I have a $50,000 Promise Visa). I also have my IRA with them and keep a small amount in savings. 

Two years ago, I was thrilled to get a $500 CapOne Platinum. I'm thrilled to be where I am now, but I keep myself under 1/2 percent total utilization at any given time.

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 12 of 20
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

@Medic981 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats, When did you apply for this card ? They SPed You ?

The only SP that NFCU does is for AR otherwise, if you are just thinking about applying for credit with NFCU they will HP you. I have read that sometimes Navy will grant a CLI after an AR without an HP, however, I understand that this too is hit or miss.

I did get a SP when I got the Cash Rewards CLI in September, but the HP was up for this one so fast that my head almost spun.

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 13 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice job BizzoSmiley Happy With your income i see a 80 50 50 in your futureSmiley Happy
Message 14 of 20
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLI! Nice limit!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 15 of 20
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Congrats Bizarro!! Nice card and limit!

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CLI , Navy loves your profile !!!

Message 17 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, congrats agsin BizzaroSmiley Happy

I should post my Navy story to keep all you 25killionaires in check Smiley Wink
Message 18 of 20
NP27
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Flagship CLI, now at 25K UPDATE: GoRewards now at 17K

@bizarrocreditworld wrote:

The other day, I thought I was at 91/3 with my Navy Flagship, but I was off by a couple of days, so I got declined.

Congrats!

What is 91/3 with NFCU?

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Flagship CLI, now at 25K UPDATE: GoRewards now at 17K

@NP27 wrote:

@bizarrocreditworld wrote:

The other day, I thought I was at 91/3 with my Navy Flagship, but I was off by a couple of days, so I got declined.

Congrats!

What is 91/3 with NFCU?

91 days and 3 statements. The general consensus is that you have to have both 91 days since approval and 3 statements issued before they will consider you for a credit limit increase and quite often new cards fall under the same rule (although there are exceptions when it comes to new cards for people with high incomes and low DTI but CLIs seem pretty set in stone and often are even 6 months instead of 91 days). 

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.