cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Flagship approved! 3rd CC again, with a twist!!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Navy Flagship approved! 3rd CC again, with a twist!!

So, 6 months ago I got approved for my 3rd CC with Navy, a second CR card, Ive never been able to be approved for the Flagship for whatever reason.  So, I had 2- CR cards, and a Plat card.  Then I decided well, I dont really need two CR cards, so I took my chances and sent in a secure message asking to move my limit from my new CR card, to my plat....and they did!! So, my plat was at $29.9k.

Fast forward to Monday, I thought, Im gonna try again for the Flagship...so, I applied, instant denial. I got no alerts of a pull on TU, so I thought they tried EQ, and its frozen. 

Yesterday, Im on the road driving , and I get a call from "Pensacola, FL", and I knew it was Navy calling, probably asking me to unfreeze EQ, which I wasnt. So, I answered, and a nice lady asked if I had a minute to discuss my Flagship app. She said, "we weren't able to approve your application because you are currently at max lending for unsecured, but if you're willing to move some of your limit from one of your other cards, I can open up Flagship for you". 

I thought for a whole 2 seconds, and told her to move $9900 from Plat to open it up. She put me on hold for a minute, came back, and said, ok, its done, your Plat reflects now a CL of $20k, and your new flagship should be to you in 5-7 days!"...I thanked her and hung up!  

Spend will be easy to meet, and the $49AF is waived first year. 

So, currently with Navy (have been a member a little over 5 yrs).... CR-$25k, Plat-$20k, FS-$9.9k, CLOC-$15k, an early paid off car loan, FICO 711 according to them, Checking/savings, business checking. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 10.15.15 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-28 at 10.14.34 AM.png

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Flagship approved! 3rd CC again, with a twist!!

Congrats again Pizza.  Getting a card that eluded you for a while should feel good!  First the Target CLI, now this......You come back here again with a 3rd positive gain and that just may have to start being considered a streak! Smiley WinkSmiley LOL

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 26
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new card! Sad that they couldn't give you more credit rather then transferring some over from an existing TL.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 3 of 26
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@xaximus wrote:

Congrats on the new card! Sad that they couldn't give you more credit rather then transferring some over from an existing TL.

Well, with Navy, your income either has to change, or your score, so, maybe in 6 months my score will be better and Ill ask for a CLI on Flagship.Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 26
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Gotta Love NFCU! Go Navy and Congrats ! ! !

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your NFCU Flagship approval.

Do you still get the SUB if you move a portion of an existing credit line to a new card?

Message 6 of 26
xaximus
Valued Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@xaximus wrote:

Well, with Navy, your income either has to change, or your score, so, maybe in 6 months my score will be better and Ill ask for a CLI on Flagship.Smiley Wink

Sounds like the perfect plan! Can't wait to see the 50k flagship CLI! Smiley Very Happy

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 7 of 26
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congratulations Pizza! 

Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Pizza. It's cool that they called and offered you that option instead of a straight up refusal.
Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

So, currently with Navy (have been a member a little over 5 yrs).... CR-$25k, Plat-$20k, FS-$9.9k, CLOC-$15k, an early paid off car loan, FICO 711 according to them, Checking/savings, business checking. 

Congratulations! p1 -- that's a real nice portfolio you've got there. I'm working on the $500 SUB myself, but didn't know they'd waive the AF. Just call in & ask?

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.