Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy GO REWARDS Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy GO REWARDS Approval

So, I got ahead of myself and completed the Prequalify link on Navy's page.  Prequalfied for all cards.  Excitedly hit the apply button for the GO REWARDS and approved for $1,000.  My initial plan was to wait until next year and app for my 3rd card, but I got ahead of myself.  Afterwards, I took a detailed look at the other cards and decided the Flagship would be a better fit and sent a secure message asking if the the GO Rewards approval could be switched to the Flagship since the Flagship was also included in the list of prequal cards.  Waited two days and called in to follow up since I had not received a response.

I received a message today saying that I could request a product change to the Flagship at any time.  However, they then stated that they stood by their decision and that I have the option to move funds from my existing lines of credit to the GO Rewards to total $5,000.  At that time they would be able to PC to the Flagship.  Not really what I had in mind when it came to the Flagship.  I currently have the cash Rewards @ $1,200 and the More Rewards Amex at $7,200.  Needless to say, I wasn't expecting the 3rd card to be my lowest SL with Navy.  

Trying to determine if I want to utilize the option to move funds which in a sense defeats the purpose if my total limit remains the same, keep the GO card or decline altogether. 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Navy GO REWARDS Approval

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 18
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your NFCU Approval..

Message 3 of 18
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Enjoy that new card! Congratulations on your NFCU Approval!

Message 4 of 18
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval. The Flagship has that $5k minimum. If it fits your spend more, it may be worth it. You can always wait for your 91/3 and see if you can get a decent bump up. Good luck with whatever you decide. 

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 5 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the new card Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @cashorcharge .  It is certainly a good feeling to see You've Been Approved!

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very helpful.  Thank you @BmoreBull .  91/3 it isSmiley Happy

Message 8 of 18
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your NFCU Go Rewards approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 9 of 18
Irv02
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your new Go Rewards approval!! Go Navy!

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.