Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy More Rewards

tag
NotRalphKramden
New Contributor

Navy More Rewards

I have been a member of Navy about 11 months. When I joined, I did the pre-qualify and was only offered the nRewards secured card.

I used it and after 6 statements it graduated and limit increased from $200 to $2000. I have been periodically trying to pre-qualify. Still only offered nRewards. Late last night after it happened again, I threw caution to the wind, and in an effort to see what Navy didn't like, I applied for the More Rewards. The wheel spun for ages then,

approved for $25,000 @ 9.65%

I'm still numb. I had to call in and verify it truly happened and wasn't a mistake, but the CSR said card coming in 7-10 days.

It raises TCL from $32,050 to $57,050

DPs in Navy Thread:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Datapoints-Thread-for-Members...

Edit to correct APR

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Re: Navy More Rewards

Congrats on your NFCU More Rewards approval

Message 2 of 19
FLLGuy
Frequent Contributor

@NotRalphKramden wrote:

I have been a member of Navy about 11 months. When I joined, I did the pre-qualify and was only offered the nRewards secured card.

I used it and after 6 statements it graduated and limit increased from $200 to $2000. I have been periodically trying to pre-qualify. Still only offered nRewards. Late last night after it happened again, I threw caution to the wind, and in an effort to see what Navy didn't like, I applied for the More Rewards. The wheel spun for ages then,

approved for $25,000 @ 6.95%

I'm still numb. I had to call in and verify it truly happened and wasn't a mistake, but the CSR said card coming in 7-10 days.

DPs in Navy Thread:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Datapoints-Thread-for-Members...

@NotRalphKramden  - this is great!   Would you mind adding more background if applicable?   

• BK (7,11,13), Disharged, Dismissed.   File date, discharged date?
  • Income if possible, F8/F9 Credit Scores
  • Did you burn Navy in your BK?
  • Banking relationship?

I'm also on a rebuild path with NFCU post discharge BK 13 - Trying to be as calculated as possible

Message 3 of 19
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the massive approval!

Message 4 of 19
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your NFCU More Rewards approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 5 of 19
NotRalphKramden
New Contributor

@FLLGuy wrote:

@NotRalphKramden wrote:

approved for $25,000 @ 6.95%

DPs in Navy Thread:

@NotRalphKramden  - this is great!   Would you mind adding more background if applicable?   

• BK (7,11,13), Disharged, Dismissed.   File date, discharged date?
  • Filed BK7 6/19 Discharged 9/19 Closed 9/21
  • Income if possible, F8/F9 Credit Scores
  • Entered $115,000 though I make more, this is easiest to document
  • TU F9 690-695
  • TU F8 670
  • DTI  22%
  • TU inq  3/6, 6/12, 11/24
  • util 5%
  • Did you burn Navy in your BK?
  • No, burned Chase, WF, Sync, AMEX and Cap One.
  • Banking relationship?
  • Checking and Savings ($50 Direct Deposit) about $500-750 balance 

I'm also on a rebuild path with NFCU post discharge BK 13 - Trying to be as calculated as possible

This was my experience. YEMV

Best of luck.

Message 6 of 19
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Nicely done!! Congratulations on your NFCU approval!! 👏🏼🎉🍾

Message 7 of 19
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 8 of 19
greatscott85
Frequent Contributor

Awesome! Congratulations!

Message 9 of 19
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.