cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Platinum V Approval -- $15,300 at 8.24%!!!

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Platinum V Approval -- $15,300 at 8.24%!!!

@CBTS wrote:
Congrats on the amazing approval!

Thanks @MrDFinance and @CBTS!

Message 11 of 38
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

congrats love the APRSmiley Happy

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 12 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Outstanding SL and APR on that NFCU Platinum!! Way to go and Congrats!

Thanks for sharing the dp's as well. 

Message 13 of 38
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

congrats love the APRSmiley Happy

Thanks @Jnbmom - PenFed has always been my go to for low APR's but looks like Navy finally locked me in Smiley Tongue

Message 14 of 38
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Congrats CIC! This approval is encouraging as I haven’t been able to crack a 3rd card nor get past the $65k exposure I have with them. Converted my platinum into flagship 25 & 25 = $50 and moved on. Also have Cloc $15K. Have been hit with the maximum exposure thing for about a year now. You seem to have the formula for sucess with them.

Have you put much spend through your other products? Has your income increased?

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 15 of 38
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@credit_endurance wrote:
Congrats CIC! This approval is encouraging as I haven’t been able to crack a 3rd card nor get past the $65k exposure I have with them. Converted my platinum into flagship 25 & 25 = $50 and moved on. Also have Cloc $15K. Have been hit with the maximum exposure thing for about a year now. You seem to have the formula for sucess with them.

Have you put much spend through your other products? Has your income increased?

I feel like I should have hit my wall with them but just keeps on going. How much have I charged with them -- I'm not sure what they think this money is going towards Smiley LOL On the flagship I've probably put about $400 in the last year, and that's being generous. They get very little usage and just go thru my regular cycle (every 90 days I charge $5.99 to refill my amazon gift card balance just to keep it alive). I've used my CLOC probably twice and both those times were about a year ago. My checking has a few hundred but no direct deposits or regular charges, in fact they just sent me the "your debit card is going to expire, but looks like you never use it anyway. use your debit card or we're not sending you a new one" letter about a month ago.

Message 16 of 38
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Very interesting indeed CIC. I haven’t really used my Navy products since first getting in the door with them and going for those always exciting CLI’s every 91 days😁 but once I reached $25k max without poi the spend also stopped for me.
Another thing I have to realize is my TU is STILL dirty for at least another year so my scores have stayed stagnant. Everybody’s profile in different in many ways so these small minut details do actually play heavily into who is approved for a 3rd card and also who is able to increase their exposure with said lender when you think your limit has certainly been reached.
Again big congrats my friend on pushing the envelope with them😉
Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 17 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!!

Message 18 of 38
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

8.24 is a stellar APR in todays field of Lenders. Big Congrats! on the SL as well.

NFCU is already well known to tip the balance to cardholder's favor in so many ways Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 38
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@credit_is_crack  Congrats and weekend is almost over ...

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.