cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy YOLO'd (yes, that's my kick lately)

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Navy YOLO'd (yes, that's my kick lately)

I mentioned in some of my postings around the forum that I have a trip coming up in October. Skymiles and MRs have paid for the flights. I had intended to app for Bonvoy to use the sub towards my stay. Amex squashed that. According to the underwriter, despite my excellent history, my 3rd party accounts are holding me back. He didn't specify which, but said they'll probably push me through if I apply around my 2 year anniversary.

My original plan for Navy was to convert my Cash Rewards to More Rewards, app Platinum for future BTs, then app Flagship. Since I didn't have a hotel card, I decided to pull the trigger on flagship and see if I'd finally get a big approval (been with them for 2 years). Went to the prequal and was pre-qualified for all of the cards, so I apped.

Denied.

I then went on my YOLO spree since there wasn't anything I would be applying for in the immediate future and wanted to knock out the new account and inquiries now. I then found out that my accounts weren't updating to TU correctly, so I figured I'd wait until the letter and recon it and explain what was wrong on the reports.

Got the letter today and reason for the NO-LO was " DOES NOT QUALIFY FOR MINIMUM REQUIRED CREDIT LINE FOR THE PRODUCT". WTfico. I sent a recon request via secure message asking them to pull a different bureau because the other 2 were reporting correctly. They responded and said that they will not pull another bureau for a completed app or to recon, but I should apply for a different card. I was also advised that if I did apply for a new card, the system would try to use the same pull from 5/26.

I didn't plan to app again because any limit would be below $5k, but my curiosity got the best of me. Apped for the Platinum and got instant approval for $3900 at 16.49%.

Not sure how to feel about this. On one hand, I'm happy about finally getting a second credit product from them and having a dedicated BT card, but on the other...it's deflating. We'll see what happens at 91/3. *Insert empty promise of gardening for 2 years no matter what*

TL/DR: I got a YOLO trifecta.

TU: 641 FICO 8

Inquiries: 20

Scorable inquiries: 9

AoOA: 21 yrs, 8 mos

AAoA: 6 yrs, 5 mos (I'm not doing the math for this)

AoYA: 0 mos

Auto Loan: 75% utilization

Lates: 6 over 3.5 years old

Chargeoffs: 1 open for $1400 total

Collections: 3 open for $1500

Utilization w/ chargeoff: 8%

Utilization w/o chargeoff: 0.003% (reporting as 0)

Income: $67,555

DTI: 0.009%

18 REPLIES 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Navy YOLO'd (yes, that's my kick lately)

Congratulations on your approval! YOLO!!!
Message 2 of 19
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

#credityolo

Message 3 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats ?

Message 4 of 19
PicoFico
Frequent Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner 

I still can't figure out your avatar...

Looks like the It clown mixed with Sideshow bob with a dash of Predator wearing a Michael Jackson glove while holding a hair dryer.

On another note, Congratulations!!

Rebuild start: 5/15/19

Financial Institutions:
Wells Fargo | NFCU | Penfed
Products:
Discover It CB $2.1k | WF Propel $22.5k | PenFed PCR $20k | NFCU Platinum $10k | NFCU More Rewards $25k | NFCU Flagship $30k | NFCU CLOC $500 | NFCU SSL 60mo | NFCU Auto loan

Message 5 of 19
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats!

Message 6 of 19
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@PicoFico 

f3fda0fd5a499f0e6b1b27cfd9702114 (1).jpg

Message 7 of 19
PicoFico
Frequent Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@PicoFico 

That's not what I saw at all clearly... That downscaling is rough 😂

Rebuild start: 5/15/19

Financial Institutions:
Wells Fargo | NFCU | Penfed
Products:
Discover It CB $2.1k | WF Propel $22.5k | PenFed PCR $20k | NFCU Platinum $10k | NFCU More Rewards $25k | NFCU Flagship $30k | NFCU CLOC $500 | NFCU SSL 60mo | NFCU Auto loan

Message 8 of 19
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@PicoFico wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@PicoFico 

That's not what I saw at all clearly... That downscaling is rough 😂

It's really hard on mobile. On desktop it can be made out on my profile page.

Message 9 of 19
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congratulations and condolences.  Speaking of YOLO, your seedling needs to be sitting on the bench like it don't really play.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.