Not applicable

Re: Navy & Langley Platinum Visa Approvals

Congrats on your two new approvals! Smiley Very Happy

Message 41 of 46
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for a Navy Federal Platinum Visa this morning.  As soon as I submitted the application, I received notification of a TransUnion hard pull, but Navy's website informed me they could not process the application and that I needed to reapply later.  Then about 15 minutes later I got an email from Navy informing me that they had actually received the application and submitted it for review; with a decision pending in 24-48 hours.

About an hour later, I got another email stating that the Platinum Visa application had been approved with a starting limit of $18,700 at 10.49% APR.   This is now my second Platinum Visa with Navy; the first was opened just over a year ago and, after a recent CLI, has a limit of $36,000 at 11.49% APR.

Following the Navy approval I decided to apply at Langley Federal for their Platinum Select Visa.  It was immediately approved with a starting limit of $10,300.  When the rep from the lending department called later to confirm the application, I mentioned that I had expected a somewhat larger starting limit.  He offered to "send it back" for reconsideration for a $15,000 limit instead and asked me to call back before the end of business today to finalize.  When I called back I was told that they hadn't finished the recon and that they will likely call me tomorrow.

Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 9.05.51 AM.png

@MaizeandBlue This might be a stupid question but why (2) NFCU platinum cards?

Message 42 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheFIGuy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for a Navy Federal Platinum Visa this morning.  As soon as I submitted the application, I received notification of a TransUnion hard pull, but Navy's website informed me they could not process the application and that I needed to reapply later.  Then about 15 minutes later I got an email from Navy informing me that they had actually received the application and submitted it for review; with a decision pending in 24-48 hours.

About an hour later, I got another email stating that the Platinum Visa application had been approved with a starting limit of $18,700 at 10.49% APR.   This is now my second Platinum Visa with Navy; the first was opened just over a year ago and, after a recent CLI, has a limit of $36,000 at 11.49% APR.

Following the Navy approval I decided to apply at Langley Federal for their Platinum Select Visa.  It was immediately approved with a starting limit of $10,300.  When the rep from the lending department called later to confirm the application, I mentioned that I had expected a somewhat larger starting limit.  He offered to "send it back" for reconsideration for a $15,000 limit instead and asked me to call back before the end of business today to finalize.  When I called back I was told that they hadn't finished the recon and that they will likely call me tomorrow.

Its not a stupid question.  Two Navy Platinum cards allow me to shuffle balances.  I opened the first Platinum last year and balance transferred $14,000 to it.  That's now been paid down to $3,500 and I can easily pay that off; but a second Platinum card allows me to temporarily move that $3,500 to another $0 BT fee card, then move it over to the second Platinum card. 

I can always product change one of the Platinum cards to something else later; I have several rewards cards so I'd rather not add another o as not to dilute the rewards I can potentially earn.

Message 43 of 46
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@TheFIGuy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Its not a stupid question.  Two Navy Platinum cards allow me to shuffle balances.  I opened the first Platinum last year and balance transferred $14,000 to it.  That's now been paid down to $3,500 and I can easily pay that off; but a second Platinum card allows me to temporarily move that $3,500 to another $0 BT fee card, then move it over to the second Platinum card. 

I can always product change one of the Platinum cards to something else later; I have several rewards cards so I'd rather not add another o as not to dilute the rewards I can potentially earn.

Great Strategy  .. I have doubles of many cards.Smiley Happy

Message 44 of 46
joltdude
Senior Contributor

This is exactly why id like a second Miss Disco.. but i don't want to push my luck... 

But a pair of Navy cards.. Hmmmm giving me ideas..

-J

Message 45 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approvals!

Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.