Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy approval $25K, PenFed $25K match and CLIs

tag
Yeliaba1
Frequent Contributor

Navy approval $25K, PenFed $25K match and CLIs

I have about three years history with both PenFed and Navy.  I joined during my BK 13 and started with secure loans at both.  I got a secured card with Navy that graduated in 5 months but couldn't grow due to my BK 13 (@ $7.5K ).

September marked a year and a month since discharge, as well as a year since closing on my mortgage and acquiring some cards.  Late September all my inquiries fell off so I applied for and was approved for the Platinum $25K @5.99( highest limit by far).  EQ9 @709. I immediately transferred some balances on some cards and let my scores increase.  Then got the following CLIs:

Disco #2 $5K to 6K

USB Cash $3K to 6K

DUCKS $7.5K to 9.5K

FNBO. $9K to 11K

Apple $4.5K to 5.5K

In the process I knocked down some Penfed balances (about $7.5K on 2 cards, car loan and a PLOC).  I let Navy report and applied for the Pendfed Gold.  Approved for $25K @ 7.49 (very suprised).  No POI required ( income reported $88K).  I question whether my Navy approval guided that decision.  

At this point I was more than satisfied, but my inner MF knowledge said try for a CLI on my PenFed Promise.  Not asking seemed like and opportunity missed.  I waited about a week called and asked could they use the same hard pull.  I got transferred to an analyst and while chewing on something he assessed it was likely not going to happen as he noted my prior approval. Bye "A----"!   Called back later that evening and a rather "gruff" lady also noted " you just got approved for $25K" but, she submitted the app anyways.  I really expected to be declined.  So happens, I got the survey en my email.  I shared my problems uploading information but otherwise I was pleased with my relationship.  The last part of the survey asked about anything else.  LoL!  I related that while chewing on his food "A---" didn't even consider my app for a CLI.  About 4 days later I received an email that my CL had doubled from $7.5K to 15K.  I was kinda stunned.  And finally (sorry for being long winded).  The CLI didn't register for a few days, so I called to verify if it was really approved.  And who takes my call, "A---".  Because my name is unique he definitely knows this is the approval he said wasn't going to happen.

I hope this helps others in their journeys to rebuild.  Clearly, it was the sharing of information and advice by others that made this happen.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy approval $25K, PenFed $25K match and CLIs

Congratulations on your Approval..

Message 2 of 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals and CLIs!

Message 3 of 11
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approvals and the CLIs, very nice work!

Message 4 of 11
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals and CLIs!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 5 of 11
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Gotta love Penfed

Congrats !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 11
Yeliaba1
Frequent Contributor

Thanks!

Message 7 of 11
Conceptual23
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

Starting FICO 8s | 06/2018: EX 601 ✦ EQ 605 ✦ TU 590
Current FICO 8s | 9/2022: EX 732 ✦ EQ 739✦ TU 743
2023 Goal Score: 760+

Business Cards:

Message 8 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats to all your success Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
mystikal1
Established Contributor

Congrats 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.