Not applicable

Re: Navy approval

Congratulations!

Message 12 of 16
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Congrats on a sweet approval! 

Thanks for the cool story and informative post, cheers!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 13 of 16
Titans84
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

Current FICO 8:

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

SUPER SUPER SUPER BIG SHOUT OUT TO TO THESE TWO IN PARTICULAR!!  

@designated_knitter  and @Anonymous  

so here's my journey as it stands!! 

standing in the loooong hot line at the post office today in south Philly trying to return junk I didn't need I ordered from ebay! On a complete whim I decided to go against my gut and apply for not only my CLI but my new card despite being told I need to wait until my FULL 3rd statement which would've cut on the 22nd of this month.. my goal since opening navy fed was to get the flagship card because let's be honest I've never had anything "flagship" in my life lol 

standing in the hot slooow USPS line which wrapped around the building I open my phone to the navy fed website.. hit "open new account" and apply first for the flagship card.. approval was instant!! I almost crapped myself I screamed lady in front of me must've thought I was a nut job! $15,000 instant approval! Never seen those numbers near my name on a credit card approval in my life! I immediately open the app and hit the request credit line increase I know they are maxing out at $4,000 but I put my request in for $5,000 on my current cash rewards card which had a starting limit of $1,000!! It was sent and said is under review.. from what I've read it takes them a day or two to manually approve the CLI which is fine I expect the $4,000 (hopefully) some time tomorrow I will keep you all updated! But even if I don't get it the $15,000 was such a huge step for me!! 

so here are my data points I followed everything this forum has directed me to do since day 1!! 

opened the card back in March directly after opening a checking and savings account with navy fed with a starting limit of $1,000..and   with a credit score in the low 700s.. my highest limit card was $1950.00 and that's a capital one quick silver I never had luck getting a card to go higher than this! Even my Personal amex card is at $1,000.. I actually had an old charge off on my report at the time it's now been deleted from all my reports Excpet Experian.  

Immediately went to my employer and had a tiny portion of my pay check ($362.50) directly deposited in my account and it has been deposited every week since opening the account.  

a month later in April applied for a personal loan again on a whim instally approved for $8,000!! Funds available within seconds! Treated myself to some awesome performance parts for my Camaro! 

made my personal loan payment a month early and paid it on its due date so I was (2 months) ahead. 

cashed checks and deposited checks at the local branch over in Jersey. 

I used the cash rewards card for 91 days as my daily driver haven't used any other card in my wallet! I've managed to max it out and pay it in full for 91 days! Maxing it out every single month! And paying it in FULL! 

opened a business checking account 2 weeks ago and deposited $10,000 cash in the account. 

my score has actually dropped about 25-30 points since opening my navy fed account and I still got this awesome approval.  I also have about 14 hard pulls on my trans Union report they pulled transunion when they approved me for this flagship card. 

I write all this to say with navy fed there is hope! If you read these guides and follow them you will come out successful! Never in my life would I have imagined a approval like this! This credit Union truly isn't so much score driven but relationship driven! SO!! Learn to play this game right.. be the best "navy good boy" or "navy good girl" you can be! Take advantage of as many of their services as you can! Take out loans, cash checks, GET DIRECT DEPOSIT! I bank with PNC full time but only had a tiny portion of my pay from work deposited into this navy account and it yield high results! Read the post from these members because trust me folks! It works!! I'll keep you updated on the CLI as soon as it post!

Hey buddy. Congrats.  I'm very happy you had success.  Keep it up. 

While I was denied the more rewards card I did wake up to an auto CLI on my Nrewards from 200 to 600. So my journey continues, but at a much slower pace than yours. 

Message 15 of 16
GrandBay
Frequent Contributor

Congrats @Anonymous on your cards & name! I am surprised Philadelphia was available.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.