Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy federal approval!

tag
outlaw7478
Valued Member

Navy federal approval!

We'll not really and approval but they let me open a checking and savings account. My wife was in the navy so that's how I got in. I applied for a a credit card  now I'm patiently waiting the 3-5 days. I'm just happy to be in lol

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Navy federal approval!

Congrats for both the checking and savings account.and good luck on the card!

Message 2 of 29
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats on getting in with them and good luck with card!

Message 3 of 29
outlaw7478
Valued Member

Thanks I will report back with the results. Not too confident though.  We'll see!

Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are your credit scores?

Message 5 of 29
outlaw7478
Valued Member

Kinda low. EQ618 TU 615 EX 641. I'm hoping for something doesn't even matter what the limit it. My Credit union just gave me a visa for 1000.00 last week

Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU tends to be good to you so long as your score is over 600. Admittedly, might get a $1000 limit at first (or higher, depending on your profile), but that 600 score seems to be their threshold. 

I had scores in the 620s when I applied and got a $7k limit. With a 3-5 day wait for manual review.

Message 7 of 29
outlaw7478
Valued Member

I'll be happy with anything they give me. They won't give my wife anything because she burned them in a bk a few years ago.  I'm 2 years into a chapter 7 hopefully they are bk friendly

Message 8 of 29
blunderer
Established Contributor

Congrats on getting in with a pretty awesome credit union

Wishing you the best on the cc application. If you do get it, be sure to read through the NFCU CLI official guide when you have some down time.  You'll get some great info on how to grow your limit(s).

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Official-NFCU-CLI-Guide/td-p/2101185/highli...

I'm sure CA will also advise you to apply for their LOC and to request the full 15K because they usually counter if they can't offer the full amount.

GL Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 29
outlaw7478
Valued Member

Update!!!! They approved the cash rewards card for 5k! I was shocked. I'm so happy. This is by far my highest limit!
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.