Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy was REAL nice to me yesterday......Gap too

tag
paula629
Contributor

Navy was REAL nice to me yesterday......Gap too

i have created a few posts the past few days regarding my success with Discover and non-success with AMEX.  I have written how NAVY hasnt given me a credit card increase in over 5 years.  Well on Friday I paid my cards as usual......i was able to get my Flagship under the limit(see previous post)...my FICO w/Navy (on their site) rose over 100 points!!!  i immediately asked for an increase with my cards.....$10k request for my AMEX and $5k for the Flagship......havent seen anything yet.  I also app'd for the Personal loan and the car refinance product.....JUST APPROVED FOR NFCU PLATINUM......AND a $10k LOC!!!

I was approved for $4k, the amount I requested....THEN i was approved for the refinance of my truck.......this is SOO BIG for me since the interest rate on my truck was 19.??%......it is NOW 5.29%!!!! i had tears in my eyes when i was told the rate.  I sure hope NAVY is as nice to me with the CLI's.......my financial advisor said i should try for the LOC.....i wasnt so sure.....strike while its HOT!  I GOT A $10 LOC!!!!! 

I DID NOT GET THE CLI's on either CARD!!!!

P.S. I got a GAP card while i was in the mall as well......

01/21/2021: EQ FICO 636 TU FICO 688 EX FICO 683 br>Goal:850
AMEX Delta Platinum $1k| Macys AMEX $1k| CARE CREDIT $6,600| NFCU AMEX $13.5k|NFCU Platinum $8k|DISCOVER $6k| NFCU LOC $13k| NORDSTROM $2200| Neiman Marcus $3k| PENFED CashRewards $10k| Value City Furniture $7,500k| LOWES $17k| Target $200|VW lease $13k| LFCU Pool loan $77k| NFCU auto $25k|BMW Auto $73k|Student loans $42k
*Entering garden May 2021*

Utilization: 47%
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy was nice to me yesterday......Gap too

Congrats on your CLI's and refi working out!  You'll save lots of money with that lower rate!  Maybe stick what you are saving into one of Navy's CD's. 

Message 2 of 8
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Aww congrats! That’s a great new rate! Congrats on that and the card!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lots of success! I would say...That's a great day! Congrats to you.
Message 4 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Awesome job with NavySmiley Happy you wouldnt be the dude in the Navy Fed commercials with big truck with the little dog would ya?Smiley Wink Enjoy your success.
Message 5 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 6 of 8
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Re: Navy was REAL nice to me yesterday......Gap too

Pretty awesome, congrats!!!

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 7 of 8
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Re: Navy was REAL nice to me yesterday......Gap too

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.