Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NavyFed Amex Approval!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NavyFed Amex Approval!!

Congrats, jesse! It might not be the largest SL, but you got an Amex! A card that many have not been able to snag. Enjoy your newest card - very happy for you! Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well i gave it a spin myself. I had joined Nfcu end of last summer, and tried for the GoRewards shortly thereafter without success. Since i'm on the Amex Blacklist at the time being, and the 3% grocery category is appealing i figured i'd go for it. It's didnt automatically approve, it went to review and about an hour or so later got an email stating i had a message. To my suprise it said approval, which have no complaints given its the first credit in with Navy. It showed up in my account today, $3k. I havent looked what they pulled, but my scores range 600-650. 22% Uti currently, mainly from christmas shopping balances. Inq's are 20+. BK showing from 2012, and only other baddie is a medical collection/judgement that i'm making payments on. It's my highest major to date, with 1 store card above that amount at present. I know when watered right, it will grow magnificently. Glad to be in with Navy and have an Amex back in the wallet too.

Message 12 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats Budcny on getting a Navy Amex. Just fyi, though its an Amex, it is not an actual Amex from Centurian Bank, or Amex Amex lol. It just runs on the Amex network and has no effect on your bl from AmexSmiley Wink
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Navy approval.

It can grow well for you, and already beats what you had with them by 5X

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!! Which report did they pull for the AMEX??
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
Congratulations!! Which report did they pull for the AMEX??

They ended up pulling from TU. Even though when I called them they said they mainly use Equifax, which I found interesting!

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is interesting. I was asking, knowing NFCU primarily uses Equifax but I know AMEX primarily uses Experian which is why I asked.
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
That is interesting. I was asking, knowing NFCU primarily uses Equifax but I know AMEX primarily uses Experian which is why I asked.

Yeah it is very interesting, but it's on my equifax as TransUnion. Which I found weird, but TU is higher than my EQ which worked out in my favor. 

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.