cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nebraska Furniture Mart approval for DW.

texasbred71
New Contributor

Nebraska Furniture Mart approval for DW.

The wife and I are both working hard on repairing. Hers is coming along a bit faster than mine so far and for the first time in her life she applied in store and was approved. We were at NFM and she has had a couple of secured cards start reporting recently so she wanted to try her luck. Her EX is at 626 and I had a pretty good idea that’s who they would pull. Went to the counter and applied. The CSR told her she was on a credit hold and ask us to have a seat and he would have an answer in 5-10 minutes. Right on que 10 minutes later he prints of a little slip of paper. Me thinking here we go with the call this number thing I got up and started walking away. Then she gets my attention and shows me the slip APPROVED $750 CL. I know it don’t seem like much to a lot of people here but after 20 years of DENIED she felt pretty darn good about seeing APPROVED for the first time.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Marz2002
Valued Contributor

Re: Nebraska Furniture Mart approval for DW.

Your DW...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on the Approval and Welcome to the FORUMS!!!

AMEX BCE $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $13.7K | Citi AAdvantage WEMC $14K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Discover IT $19K | OpenSky $300 | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $4K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K) |
BBVA Compass Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards $3K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $33.5K | NFCU Flagship VS $19K
Macy's AMEX $18K | Apple Card WEMC $6K | PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

TCL - $211K+ | Rebuilding since April 2018
Message 2 of 11
gdale6

Grats to DW and welcome to myFico Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
JAG73

Congrats to DW on approval! 

Got some pruning to do... No more new cards!
Message 4 of 11
VoltronM
Senior Contributor

Congrats on DW approval !!!!

8-2019 / Fico 8 EX 8013 , EQ 8016 , TR 810
Amex ED 22k , CSP 17k , Discover iT 12.5k , Fifth Third Bank S2C 12k , BofA Cash Rewards 10k , Avianca Vida 10k , State Farm Good Neighbor Visa 10k , Citi DD 6k , Union Bank Rewards 5k
Message 5 of 11
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Mar 2020):EX- 689, TU- 665, EQ- 670
What's in my wallet:

On the chopping block:

Message 6 of 11
texasbred71
New Contributor

Third statement just cut and she got a CLI from the $750 to $1250 automatically

Message 7 of 11
Remedios

Congrats on her approval
When someone asks you *What's wrong*, and you're not sure if you want to start listing it in alphabetical or in order of importance.
Message 8 of 11
ItsPossible
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval and the auto CLI! That was a nice increase indeed!

"Hover mouse over cards to see CL and APR info"

Message 9 of 11
M_Smart007
Epic Contributor

"I know it don’t seem like much to a lot of people here but after 20 years of DENIED she felt pretty darn good about seeing APPROVED for the first time. "

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.