cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with Amex Blue Delta Skymiles (SP Approval)

tag
polaris2011
Contributor

Need Help with Amex Blue Delta Skymiles (SP Approval)

As the title suggests, I got a pre-approval offer for the Blue Skymiles card tonight. I hit my 61-day mark with 2 Amex cards a couple of weeks ago and successfully got the 3X cli on the ED card.  I don't fly Delta, but I'm hoping to do much more travel than I do now (2 to 3 family vacations a year, might fly to visit family 6 times a year, no business travel). I can't apply for any Chase cards due to their rules and not really interested in them anyway. 

My question(s):

1) Will the new card get its own SL without pulling from my existing cards? I saw an older thread that somewhat confused me on this.

2) Is the Blue Skymiles a good option as a travel card for someone like me?

3) It's a SP pre-approval, which I appreciate, but should wait for another card that I might be interested in/use more? Got my answer. I'm pre-approved for just about all of their travel cards I had an interest in (Delta Gold, SPG Lux, SPG)

4) How often does Amex SP approval new cards when you're an existing customer/opt to get a new card?

Any thoughts/help would be appreciated. Thanks

Edits in bold

FICO 08 Scores (Starting; BK Discharged 4/15): EQ 647, TU 655, EX 638
FICO 08 Scores (Mar-18): EQ 757, TU 736, EX 746
Score Goal: 741
Current Cards: Cap1 QS: $1500 | USAA Preferred: $16000 | PayPal MasterCard: $7500 | Discover Miles: $12000 | AMEX ED: $12000 | AMEX Cash Magnet: $1000 | Citi Diamond Preferred: $3700
Cancelled Cards: OpenSky: $200
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Re: Need Help with Amex Blue Delta Skymiles (SP Approval)

@polaris2011 wrote:

As the title suggests, I got a pre-approval offer for the Blue Skymiles card tonight. I hit my 61-day mark with 2 Amex cards a couple of weeks ago and successfully got the 3X cli on the ED card.  I don't fly Delta, but I'm hoping to do much more travel than I do now (2 to 3 family vacations a year, might fly to visit family 6 times a year, no business travel). I can't apply for any Chase cards due to their rules and not really interested in them anyway. 

My question(s):

1) Will the new card get its own SL without pulling from my existing cards? I saw an older thread that somewhat confused me on this. This depends on what your profile is to Amex. With only 1 card, chances are they'll extend more credit but also depends on income. 

2) Is the Blue Skymiles a good option as a travel card for someone like me? For your travel, I think it's a good card, however - I would suggest going with the Gold because of the points and SUB, then downgrading/PC to the Blue.

3) It's a SP pre-approval, which I appreciate, but should wait for another card that I might be interested in/use more? Got my answer. I'm pre-approved for just about all of their travel cards I had an interest in (Delta Gold, SPG Lux, SPG)

4) How often does Amex SP approval new cards when you're an existing customer/opt to get a new card? There is a first HP when getting into Amex, any subsequent card is an SP.

Any thoughts/help would be appreciated. Thanks

Edits in bold

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.