cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with possible recon at activation...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help with possible recon at activation...

Mom's BCE came in and the APR seemed high for her score they pulled 805 @ 18%...is this in line with what you have seen? If not any advice or even possible to recon that APR? She was going to activate it tonight was hoping someone could offer quick advice. Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Need help with possible recon at activation...

For starters, I believe it might be 0% for the first year
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah forgot that little detail, still curious if that rate she got was normal it seems high to me but who knows.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah forgot that little detail, still curious if that rate she got was normal it seems high to me but who knows.

Is there a reason that the APR is important? Just a matter or pride? If she pays in full APR does not matter.... If she carries a balance she should not be using an Amex card.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just felt like it was high, could be wrong. I don't know how APR is calculated but I would assume off mainly score and I don't see how 800+ would get 5% higher than the lowest. It's my mom I want her to get the best rate possible if it's a fair rate it's not an issue I was just curious
Message 5 of 6
Appleman
Valued Contributor

13.24-23.24% is the current range for APR on the card.

Multiple factors may play into the APR

Credit Score, Income, AAoAs, Number and Mix of Cards and any other factor AMEX would like to look at.

She landed right in the middle. 

My suggestion would be to have her call up and ask nicely about the APR. Better yet, use that card for the next year (at 0%) to the point the numbers are wearing off the card. Make big payments and call back in a year.

The reality is with a score of 800+ there should be plenty of other options that will cost less interest than even the lowest available rate.

Kudos for looking out for Mom.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.