Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neiman Marcus Approval. Crazy!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Neiman Marcus Approval. Crazy!

So I started my credit rebuilding journey in August of 2018. Since that time I have gone from about a 520 credit score to a 676 TU, and 640-650 Equifax and Experian. I couldn’t get approved for ANYTHING less than 6 months ago. Since then I’ve added a few store cards, mix of Comenity, Cap One(Kohl’s), TD Bank. I also have a Discover it with $1900 credit limit, and two VERY small Cap one platinums with $300- $500 limits. My husband opened a Discover It the same time I did with a $7500 limit and added me as an AU. But no limits on my own to write home about.

On a whim, I decided to apply for a Neiman Marcus card while I was shopping online. It’s bscked by Cap One so I assumed it’d be a low $700 limit or something along those lines. No....they approved me for $6000! Now of course I couldn’t find my credit limit out online because they don’t tell you your credit limit. I had to call the next day when customer service was open and find out. When the lady said $6000 I almost fell out of my seat!

They pulled Equifax which is my LOWEST of all 3 bureaus. I haven’t missed a payment since 2015. I have about 11 open trade lines with MANY of those being fairly new(within a year). 9 inquiries on Equifax at the time of applying. I also either do not carry a balance or I keep it WAY below the 30% on all cards.

Thank you Cap One for blessing me with that NM card. Even though I have NEVER had a CLI on either of your products since I opened the cards in 2014. But hey, can’t complain! Hope this helps someone else!
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Neiman Marcus Approval. Crazy!

Congrats on your approval and very nice SL !!!

Message 2 of 22
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 3 of 22
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats!

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seriously cool! (I'd get a pair of Ferragamo flats. Just under 9% utilization with that CL!)

Message 5 of 22
_NERD
Established Contributor

Winner2E6F4404-38B7-4A5B-9BFF-57BC1403E195.gif

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval 👏🏾

I too landed this card today (in-store approval), similar SL. Very happy with this one. 👌🏾

Enjoy it and Happy Holidays 🎄
Message 7 of 22
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your Neiman Marcus approval!

Message 8 of 22
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval! Awesome SL!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 9 of 22
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! A 150 point score jump since August is awesome. What did you do additionally for the points to rise so drastically?

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.