Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neiman Marcus approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Neiman Marcus approval

I shop at Neiman Marcus regularly and decided to see what the board says about their store card. I read one post that had similar data points as me and received a 6k sl so I applied. have a fraud alert on my credit file so I was prompted to call in to complete my app. I was approved for 1500. My questions are: can I recon for a higher sl? If not, how soon can I request a cli? I would be putting a good amount on it and pif before the closing date. Appreciate any input. 

fico 8 ex 690, eq 699, TU 708

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Neiman Marcus approval

Congratulations on your approval! ...

Message 2 of 23
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on the NEW approval!

Message 3 of 23
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Neiman Marcus approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 4 of 23
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your approval! 🤗

Message 5 of 23
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 6 of 23
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!  Congratulations on your approval!! 🎉🥂

I have this card as well. It's underwritten by Capital One and I have found more success on CLI's with this account then I have my legacy cards. CLI's are SP and they review your EX in the background regularly. I went from $4000 to $8000 to $16000 but I only got aggressive in asking in the last year and I've had the account for 10 years so I don't know how long it will take from now.  As their SP, why not try in about 90 days. 

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! Maybe it could be credit score causing the lackluster SL. I'd try in 6 months asking for a way higher CL with perfect payment history. 

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I shop at Neiman Marcus regularly and decided to see what the board says about their store card. I read one post that had similar data points as me and received a 6k sl so I applied. have a fraud alert on my credit file so I was prompted to call in to complete my app. I was approved for 1500. My questions are: can I recon for a higher sl? If not, how soon can I request a cli? I would be putting a good amount on it and pif before the closing date. Appreciate any input. 

fico 8 ex 690, eq 699, TU 708

Congratulations! 🥳🥳🥳

I had one eons ago, but I totally don't recall. Maybe at least see if there's a phone number in the Backdoor thread, phone and request a higher SL. Can't hurt, right? 🙏🏻

Message 9 of 23
SPChaser
Established Contributor

Congrats on your Neiman Marcus approval!!! 

“Play the game, but don't believe in it“
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.