Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 3 Credit Card Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New 3 Credit Card Approved

Hello,

I'm new to this forum while lurking for 2 years and learned how to improved my credit. Thanks to Self Lender, it help build my credit by making on time payment and graduated twice. What I did was: Got 3 credit reports, do all corrections, removals, etc (Took about 4 months)

That time, was last year the FICO score was:    EQ:501  EX:  522  TU:  540

As of 2 months ago, new FICO Score:    EQ:  688  EX: 691  TU:  669

I was approved for Captial One Secured with $200 credit limit to start, now in 3rd month and is promised for CL on 5th month.

As of today, I decided to apply 3 new credit and was shocked, I was approved as follows:

Amazon Prime Visa $600, Target REDCard $500 and Bread Financing $2500

The best suggestion is stop applying and wait say 6 months or so to make request for CL increase on one of these then apply for new card?

Many thanks and I'm exicted I am finally getting out of bad credit, it took me while!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New 3 Credit Card Approved

Congrats! Just to let you know, mods might move this post to the Credit Card Approvals board!

Garden those cards carefully and you can move up to some bigger limits with more perks!

Message 2 of 18
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new cards, I agree on hitting the garden for awhile no sense in dropping your climbing scores by adding new accounts.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 3 of 18
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the board!  Already a great improvement from your originally posted scores, congrats on the success and enjoy the garden Smiley Happy.

Message 4 of 18
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

Use the heck out of the Target card and they will auto CLI you.

Congrats on the cards.

I'd back off on any new cards for a while.     People that get lots of new cards fast are in a category of higher risk and you wouldn't want to be lumped in that group.    It might scare your issuers and make it harder to get those CLI's - which will come in time.

Congrats !

Stay Liquid My Friends...

Starting Score: F8 3xx
Current Score: F8 800+
Goal Score: F8 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Wink

What is Bread Financing?
Message 6 of 18
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

https://www.getbread.com/consumer/

Finance company....  Like buy some laundry equipment  or a new refrigerator or a couch or a bunch of apples and pay over time kind of thing.

Stay Liquid My Friends...

Starting Score: F8 3xx
Current Score: F8 800+
Goal Score: F8 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the board and grats on your new cards. I suggest you stop applying and let these age. CLI on them in 6 months.

Message 8 of 18
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Hmm doing some quick GoogleFu it seems Bread is another product similar to Affirm...  Funded by the same Cross River Bank.....

Interesting.. Seems like better terms than Affirm for a consumer finance company but ....Still a finance company...

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job.  I second what someone else here suggested and garden for a while.  I was in a very similar position. Started with Cap1's secure card, and it has GROWN to about 5 times its original limit, my scores have increased, etc.  Treat it well, garden, and grow those scores.  Good luck and GOOD JOB.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.