Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Amex BCE - SL is a slap in the face

tag
Dilbert934
New Contributor

New Amex BCE - SL is a slap in the face

Currently have Amex Gold (NPSL), SkyMiles Platinum ($10k), and Amex Blue ($8k).  Decided to go for the pre-approced BCE.  Got the card today and it has a $1.8k SL!  WTH?  Glad it was a SP.  I would have been ticked had I wasted a HP on that bread crumb.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: New Amex BCE - SL is a slap in the face

Congrats on the approval. Unfortunate the limit did not pan out the way you would've hoped. I would imagine in the long run it will grow for you though.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dilbert934 wrote:

Currently have Amex Gold (NPSL), SkyMiles Platinum ($10k), and Amex Blue ($8k).  Decided to go for the pre-approced BCE.  Got the card today and it has a $1.8k SL!  WTH?  Glad it was a SP.  I would have been ticked had I wasted a HP on that bread crumb.

Congratulations on your approval. Unfortunate you feel insulted by the SL. The only data you provide is insufficient to speculate as to why the SL is what it is. However, credit is a privilege, not a right. And the extent to which a creditor grants that privilege is their right.

Message 3 of 12
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Being that the BCE is your fourth card with them, you are probably just at or near your internal limit, hence the low approval. You could shuffle limits around, although usually not immediately.

I'm more curious why the BCE was appealing honestly; I would think you should be using your Gold card for groceries.

Message 4 of 12
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

At least it was approved and you know Amex’s growth potential. Congrats! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!!!

Message 6 of 12
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

In 61 days, it could be 5.4K.

Yes, it was a let down, but these things happen to all of us. Possibility of many variables in play. Reached max internal limit. High UT. Low usage. Minimum payments. Score drop. I’m not saying any of these is it, but we just don’t know since no DPs.

You can always call and ask “what’s the deal.”

And BTW, congrats because it still, after all, is an approval.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 12
RickNATL
Established Contributor

U can use and CLI along the way...
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, regarding the other Amex cards you mentioned with greater current limits, were those your SLs, or are those your post-CLI limits?  If you've received CLIs on your other Amex accounts, I'm curious what their SLs were?

Message 9 of 12
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

An approval is a plus in the win column despite the CL. Congrats

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.