Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Approvals...New Poster

tag
LeadingMan
New Contributor

New Approvals...New Poster

I would first like to thank everyone who contributes to this forum. I have turned my credit around thanks to the information I have read on these posts, which I now read daily. I have lurked this forum for the better part of 9 months. I started with $300 HSBC and $300 Orchard Bank cards that I kept for years which Cap1 bought out last year. Since I had no inq and no baddies, 7 year AAoA from those 2 cards, no lates and no loans or mortgage I decided to get serious about my credit since I now had 2 Cap1 QSO cards I wasnt too embarassed to pull out of my wallet. 

Starting CK score was 675. I realized my util was super high. Lowered it to 5% and boosted CK score to 739. It was time to pull the trigger. 

Dec '13: Discover IT (instant) : 5.5K

Jan '14: (same day) BCE (instant) 4K and Freedom Visa Sig (7-10 day message but immediately approved after calling) 6K

Jan '14: Barclaycard Arrival World MC 5K (instant. Wasn't really interested in travel reward card but with trips coming up this year the sign up bonus made sense. Ill prolly PC to Rewards in 12 months to keep World Status and avoid AF) 

AMEX will be backdated to an old corporate card I had back in 05. 

All of my itches have been scratched. I now have all of the cards I want/need. CLI's only from this point on.

Thank you all!!!

Arrival + WEMC 12.5K / AMEX BCE 12K / Cap1 Venture 10K / Discover IT 9.5K / CITI DP 9.1K / AMEX ED 6K / Freedom VS 6K / CSP 5K / IHG 5K

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
dap1984va
New Contributor

Re: New Approvals...New Poster

Congratulations on the approvals... I am glad you are no longer itching Smiley Surprised

Message 2 of 14
WhosTheBoss

Congrats on your new cards!
Starting Scores: 630-660
Current Scores: 650-680
Goal Scores: 730-760 (util less than 5%)
Last app Jan, 2014

Message 3 of 14
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@LeadingMan wrote:

I would first like to thank everyone who contributes to this forum. I have turned my credit around thanks to the information I have read on these posts, which I now read daily. I have lurked this forum for the better part of 9 months. I started with $300 HSBC and $300 Orchard Bank cards that I kept for years which Cap1 bought out last year. Since I had no inq and no baddies, 7 year AAoA from those 2 cards, no lates and no loans or mortgage I decided to get serious about my credit since I now had 2 Cap1 QSO cards I wasnt too embarassed to pull out of my wallet. 

Starting CK score was 675. I realized my util was super high. Lowered it to 5% and boosted CK score to 739. It was time to pull the trigger. 

Jan '14: (same day) BCE (instant) 4K and Freedom Visa Sig (7-10 day message but immediately approved after calling) 6K

Jan '14: Barclaycard Arrival World MC 5K (instant. Wasn't really interested in travel reward card but with trips coming up this year the sign up bonus made sense. Ill prolly PC to Rewards in 12 months to keep World Status and avoid AF) 

All of my itches have been scratched. I now have all of the cards I want/need. CLI's only from this point on.

Thank you all!!!

Congrats on your app spree Smiley Happy enjoy your new cards

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 4 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Nice run, bunch of primo cards there, congrats Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 14
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Super run of approvals with nice limits.

Congrats!
Message 6 of 14
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Nicely done!!! To the garden you go...wait, no store cards?? Just kidding, but not really ..
012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 14
LeadingMan
New Contributor

Thanks...and yes...to the garden. Looking to buy a car toward the end of the year so I needed to get these all out of the way now. Just kinda amazed by the results.  

No store cards for me. Never found them enticing enough to waste the HP. 

Arrival + WEMC 12.5K / AMEX BCE 12K / Cap1 Venture 10K / Discover IT 9.5K / CITI DP 9.1K / AMEX ED 6K / Freedom VS 6K / CSP 5K / IHG 5K

Message 8 of 14
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@LeadingMan wrote:

Thank you all!!!

NICE APP SPREE! Congrats on the Cards you have!! Don't forget that 61 Day 3X CLI for the Amex and 90 days for the IT Card

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 9 of 14
LeadingMan
New Contributor

@efranklin23 wrote:

@LeadingMan wrote:

Thank you all!!!

NICE APP SPREE! Congrats on the Cards you have!! Don't forget that 61 Day 3X CLI for the Amex and 90 days for the IT Card

Oh yeah. I marked the 61st day on my calendar with a previous day alert the minute I was approved. The Discover 90 day is new news to me but will look into that as well. Thanks for the heads up.  

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.