Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Approvals and CLI's Timeline

tag
am06
Valued Member

New Approvals and CLI's Timeline

I had a long post with 2 paragraphs and it didnt take. Guess I took to long typing while watching the Spurs game.  So here is the short version

All 3 scores in the 670's per 3B

Large Balances Reporting when I applied

BOA 4700/5900  0% APR

Citi   2250/4000 0% APR

NFCU CLOC 4900/15000  Just debt

10-11 Applied with DCU for 25k Personal loan for CC consolidaton. Denied with no counter

10-14 Appllied with BBVA for 35K.  Offered 6 yr 20K at 14.99 APR  I recountered for 25K  They approved.  TU 670

Payed off some cards and lowered balances on others.  Once reports started updating and the scores started climbing I took action.

11-02 Applied for Penfed and was approved for 16.5K PRVS and 10K PLOC when the dust settled

11-04 Applied for RBFCU for hidden PLOC asked for 20K and was denied.  Called and gave sob story.  Got 6K with IV.  TU 704

11-05 Applied for Chase Ink Plus,  said to call in.  got a 30 day message at first. Now it just transfers when I call the app status line.  Nothing in mail yet

11-05 NFCU SP CLI on Cash Rewards and Flagship  16.1K -> 20K and 12.5K -> 20K

11-05 Applied for BOA BBR CLI 5.9K -> 12.9K    Pulled TU only

11-05 Applied for Citi Costco CLI 6K -> 15K 

11-05 Applied for Discover 4.5K Approval  Pulled EQ

11-06 Amex CLI from 1K -> 2K auto CLI just happend within the last few days.  Attempted 3X and was denied by letter.

11-06 Chase freedom CLI 2K -> 8K 7-10 message.  They called at day 3 asking why I wanted it and that they could only increase to 8K (asked for 15K) since nothing else is comparable.  I guess chase does not count CU CC.  They specifically said they will go 1K more than my USAA AMEX.

11-06 Walmart SP CLI via Luv button 3.6K -> 8K

11-11 Applied at SSFCU for a personal loan to pay off the BBVA that I just got.  Approved for 25K at 8.9 APR for only 5 years.  ( 1 less year and $12 less a month)

Also was approved for 20K CC  took it since I wanted a low APR CC 6.74.  TU 731

Barclay did not have a SP CLI offer and Citi denied my Simplicity SP CLI

Added 100K+ to Limits and a solid plan to repay debt.

Want to purchase a house this summer and will let these accounts and INQ's age.

Thoughts on next step for Chase Ink Plus?  I dont want to get grilled from them.

Current Fico scores

EX 704

EQ 718

TU 740

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Approvals and CLI's Timeline

This is the short version..?

Congrats on your success though
Message 2 of 3
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: New Approvals and CLI's Timeline

I wouldn't poke Chase with a 10 foot pole at this point after your "spree".  Take what you got out of it and leave it be especially with a mortgage coming up in ~6 months.  Don't shoot yourself in the foot.  Chase with a 30 day message is 50/50 approval and from what you can find on here most come out with an approval with that message.  Usually more of a verification with them than anything else.  Since you're trigger happy on auto refi don't do it again before your mortgage... build up some payment history and by the time you close on your new place you'll be fine to refi again and probably get something in the 2% range.  Your scores should shoot up as well with the increased padding you've managed to add to your debt to limit ratio.  Get those balances down to also make things look better.  Each monthly minimum payment will be factored into your DTI calculations for the maximum amount you can get approved for on the house side.  Your car payment will probably be the biggest factor in deciding on how much you can handle as well.  Just sit on your hands and pay your bills on time for the time being!  Resist the urge to app and life will be great!!!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.