Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Card! Yay! Uber Visa Data Points!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Card! Yay! Uber Visa Data Points!

Hey everyone! I've been reading along with everyone for forever seems like and figured I would give you all some data points for my Uber Visa approval today! 

I'm not sure how thin you'd say my file is. I've got some history with a pair of closed credit cards that were only used for one initial purchase. My parents raised me in fear of credit cards so I avoided them like the plague - I only got these to cut down on the price I was paying at department stores and immediately paid the balance off and never used them again. Unfortunately not using them caused them to be closed due to inactivity. It took them both 2 years to close a card only used on the day they were issued, but I hate that I lost the account age. Other than that I have a number of student loans (100k+) that went into repayment in the past 6 months and a single active credit card (C1 Quicksilver with $1000 limit) that I opened not quite a year ago. I've wanted another card for some time, but haven't been able decide on the card and have constantly thought I would get denied if I applied for anything I really wanted. Either way, I'm trying to build up a portfolio with some solid cards to bolster my credit once my student loans are gone. I've been worried my large student debt would hinder any approvals. I've backed out of applying for cards over and over again for the past 6 or 7 months thinking that time would help my case. Yesterday was the day though! I waited until I knew my Quicksilver was reporting 1% utilization instead of the 16% from last month and on a whim put in the app for the Uber Visa card. I had preapproval for Citi DoubleCash and several AMEX cards, but nothing from BarClays or Chase. I immediately got the "We'll let you know a decision in written form within 30 days," but it changed when I loaded it up from my email to "Thanks. Your application is currently under review. We'll let you know in 10 days what our decision is." I ended up calling today to speak to a credit analyst via Barclays backdoor number. He just verified it was me, told me I was already approved for $2500 and I immediately got an email confirming I was approved! Now for a bit about my scores. I began checking Credit Karma last April. My credit score with no active credit cards at the time I began my account there was 695. It has fluctuated from 664 to 710 depending on my utilization since then. When I applied yesterday, my score was 700 for both TU and EQ on there. Inquiries prior to app were 1 on TU and EQ, and 2 on EX. The only FICO 8 I have had access to is the one Discover provides on its score card. I've checked that several times over the past few months and it's been 750-765 (last month it reported as 750). It also looks like Barclays only pulled my Transunion report for this application. Anyways, I figured some people might be interested to know!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Card! Yay! Uber Visa Data Points!

Congrats on your approval! 

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jag73!

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval! 

Message 4 of 12
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on your Approval, the Very Nice SL, Thanks for the DPs, and Welcome to the FORUMS!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 5 of 12
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

Congrats!  Just got our Uber card today, and my wife said it was so pretty she wanted one!  LOL

Added her as an AU... we eat out a lot so this card will get some use!

Already switched our Spotify account to the Uber card to get that extra $50 bonus.

Enjoy!

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It really is a good looking credit card! I think it will be one I'll want to keep for a long time. No annual fee and good rewards - what's not to like? Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys! I'm still kind of surprised that I actually got approved, but really glad haha

Message 8 of 12
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulation’s on your Uber approval.

Also, if it’s less than 10 years, those other 2 CCs are still reporting. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 9 of 12
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.