Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Citi + Rewards! In with Citi

tag
Bizambish
Regular Contributor

New Citi + Rewards! In with Citi

I haven’t seen hardly anybody posting about this new card from citi so I thought I would share my story.
Since I started my rebuild I could NEVER get any prequals from Citi and I wasn’t going to pull the trigger without them. (Generally have too many pulls on EX; I believe the 6/6 rule is still fairly well enforced)
But I checked again a few days ago and bam, I was “pre approved to apply for” the new Citi + rewards card. The wording threw me off but it was a solid APR offered and the only prequal I’ve ever gotten from them so I pulled the trigger.
It wasn’t instant approval, they said it was still processing to check back for updates. After a day got impatient and called the back door number from the thread. Couple quick security verifications and APPROVED!
Only 1.8K SL which is fine because I know that it will grow and it’s more than I need for this card anyway.
Scores were all just under 700, got double pulled EQ and EX. Not under 6/6 by my calculations but very close.
Motivation for getting this card is primarily for the exclusive event tickets and the Citi presale concert tickets for when it’s Citi vs Amex. And just to get my foot in the door and build a relationship with another major.
No AF
Signup bonus (I used private browser and I think I got 25k points, but I will update bc I could be wrong as I only see 15k anywhere)
Intro 0% APR
Card will be great for my many small purchases at work daily as each one will round up to 10 points so I’ll use this card if I’m not working on a SUB.
And it’s a beautiful looking card which is obviously important :-)
Sorry for the long post; hopefully it helps provide some intel on this new card.

Start: Low 500’s
Most Recent: 738-745
Over 180K CL Club
Focusing on Delta, Hilton, Amex MR, Alaska miles, Citi TYP, and Chase UR
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Re: New Citi + Rewards! In with Citi

Congrats on the approval!

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!!

Message 3 of 12
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your new card

Message 4 of 12
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Enjoy the new card and all that “point rounding!” Lol

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!!!

Message 6 of 12
Stribe
Contributor

Congrats N.Y. he new card. I’ve seen this card in my prequalified offers as well. Interested to know how the rounding up works in the long haul and the valuation of those points.
5/25/2022

Amex BCE $17,4k | Apple Card $7k | Chase Amazon $11k | Chase Ink Cash Business $30,4k | Citi AAdvantage $7,5k | Citi Costco Business $15k | Discover It $15,4k | PayPal $15k | Synch Amazon $10k | Target RC MC $9k | US Bank Cash+ $3k
Message 7 of 12
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on your Approval and Welcome to the Citi family!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 8 of 12
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Congrats and have fun on your next exclusive event!
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 9 of 12
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.