cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New NFCU Member - Platinum Card Approved!

tag
BrownSugah66
Regular Contributor

New NFCU Member - Platinum Card Approved!

Hello you FICO-fabulous Folks! In an effort to build a relationship with Navy Federal Credit Union as I prepare for a mortgage in September 2021, I applied for membership on 08/11/2020...and was approved! However, when I applied for the NFCU CashRewards credit card that same day....my application was denied and i took a hard pull on TU. Smiley Sad BUT...while reading several NFCU credit card success stories in this forum, I decided to take a chance with applying for the NFCU Platinum credit card hoping it would be a soft pull. IT WASN'T Smiley Sad ...Unfortunately, when I applied for the Platinum a few minutes ago, I took another HP on TU and received a message that my application was "under review". Here's the GOOD news....in less than 1 hour from submitting my Platinum VISA application, I received an email notifying me of an APPROVAL with a $3,500 SL! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Although I had to endure 2 hard pulls (not sure why)….I am excited about the opportunity to work on building a great relationship with NFCU over the next 12 months in preparation for starting the mortgage process next summer. Wishing you all great health and wellness. Be safe & smart out there! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Re: New NFCU Member - Platinum VISA Approved!

7bff8670a655a8d11963a74b6defc0c1.gif

Message 2 of 21
BrownSugah66
Regular Contributor

@JoeLuvsHisCredit...Thank you so much!! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to GO....congratulations and welcome to the NFCU family! 🛳💙

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Message 4 of 21
BrownSugah66
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous...You are so kind! Thank you!! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 21
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WOOHOO! Congratulations on your approval!!!

Welcome to NFCU!  

Sorry about that double pull....I've read that a few (like twice) before and not sure why...

If you haven't already, check out the thread about CLI's and 2nd cards etc as you progress with them.  Since their CLI's are SP and you're prepping for a mortgage, you'll likely need to stop applying or skip the 2nd card a few months before you settle in and apply for the mortgage.  

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Thread-for-CLI-and-Additional...

Message 6 of 21
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Screenshot_20200822-215008.jpg

Good news,... YES!🤠

Congrats on  the approval and Good Luck next year with the mortgage!

Message 7 of 21
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your NFCU Platinum approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 8 of 21
BrownSugah66
Regular Contributor

@cashorcharge...WOW!!! Thank you so much for sharing the link and well wishes. This will be so helpful for my relationship building with NFCU. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 21
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.