Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Store Credit Cards

tag
financialfreedom777
Regular Contributor

New Store Credit Cards

Stoked, didn't think I'd get a card with my low scores (4 closed late accounts: 2 of which are charge-offs: 2 paid, 2 paying) and only 2 current accounts (Fingerhut & Self loan) both open accounts have been ontime for 1yr6mos now. 

My goal this year aside paying down my debt, is to get at least 2 of the lates removed (been sending a ton of GW letters with no luck so far but not giving up) and to get at least 2-3 more cards so that I can increase my active accounts to at least 5.

Sooo, between yesterday and today I got approved for a Khols store card-$300 limit (of which I will most likely never use since there are no stores here in Puerto Rico and they don't seem to ship internationally so whenever I visit the US I'll go instore and put a very small amt on it then pay off immediately); and now Childrens Place-$500 (of which I am most happy about as I shop here often Smiley Happy

So far, I'm at 4 cards... also waiting for my self visa card which I just ordered so that will bring me to a total of 5 cards! Will then wait about 3months before applying for a Capital One Secured Card.

Happy with my small progress so far Smiley Happy

Thanks to everyone on these forums for the wonderful tips, advise and sharing their experiences. I've been learning so much from you all!

Starting Score: 12/18/2019 EQ 601 | TU 614 | EX 596
Current Score after recent fall from grace: 02/8/2023 EQ 647 | TU 660 | EX 663
Goal Score: 780

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Store Credit Cards

Congratulations!
Message 2 of 10
DoctorManhattan
Frequent Contributor

Nice congrats
Message 3 of 10
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

@financialfreedom777 wrote:

Stoked, didn't think I'd get a card with my low scores (4 closed late accounts: 2 of which are charge-offs: 2 paid, 2 paying) and only 2 current accounts (Fingerhut & Self loan) both open accounts have been ontime for 1yr6mos now. 

My goal this year aside paying down my debt, is to get at least 2 of the lates removed (been sending a ton of GW letters with no luck so far but not giving up) and to get at least 2-3 more cards so that I can increase my active accounts to at least 5.

Sooo, between yesterday and today I got approved for a Khols store card-$300 limit (of which I will most likely never use since there are no stores here in Puerto Rico and they don't seem to ship internationally so whenever I visit the US I'll go instore and put a very small amt on it then pay off immediately); and now Childrens Place-$500 (of which I am most happy about as I shop here often Smiley Happy

So far, I'm at 4 cards... also waiting for my self visa card which I just ordered so that will bring me to a total of 5 cards! Will then wait about 3months before applying for a Capital One Secured Card.

Happy with my small progress so far Smiley Happy

Thanks to everyone on these forums for the wonderful tips, advise and sharing their experiences. I've been learning so much from you all!

With the scores in your signature, and the fact you got the Kohl's credit card.  I would wait (at least) 6 months and check capital one pre-qual site.

Odds are good you don't have to start with a secured card that never graduates.

Congratulations on your new cards! 

Kohl's is a SP CLI every 6 months as well. (Mine went from $300 to $3,000 in 18 months with about $900 total spend).

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 4 of 10
financialfreedom777
Regular Contributor

Really? Awesome .@ChiefOne4u I’ll take your advice 😉👍🏽🙌🏽
Starting Score: 12/18/2019 EQ 601 | TU 614 | EX 596
Current Score after recent fall from grace: 02/8/2023 EQ 647 | TU 660 | EX 663
Goal Score: 780

Message 5 of 10
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!!!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your two new store card approvals!

Message 7 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 8 of 10
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 9 of 10
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Great start...

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.