Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Target MasterCard and CLI

tag
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

New Target MasterCard and CLI

I have had the Red Card since 2013 and had very little in the way of credit limit increases.  The last of the two brought my limit to $1100.  Today I got two letters from Target and oddly enough I new what was inside.  (Well didn't know but guessed right, I figured I had a 90% of being right.)

One letter stated my new credit limit of $4000.  Which was a concern that was going through my mind while walking to my home.  I was thinking what is the use of a Target MasterCard with a $1100 limit.  And then my mind goes oh the small envelope is the new limit, as I stick my key in the door to open it.

And yes of course the other envelope was the upgrade offer, which I read through very well to check to make sure there wasn't something I would miss.  Specifically, any indication that there would be a new starting date.  You see I know what Walmart does with these upgrades and I try to warn everyone here about it so they can make an informed decision.  Nothing, so then I called to make sure of that.  I was told that no new account opening date, just a note that it was upgraded.

So four years after opening the account I can join the seldom seen ranks of the Target Red MasterCard.  

Woo hoo

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: New Target MasterCard and CLI

Congrats that's awesome, it's seems Target is upping their game lately
Message 2 of 12
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I am actually expecting a few more to chime in on this as others must also have gotten the upgrade.

Thanks and yes it does, hopefully others will get it.    (I wonder did I get it because of how much I spend at Target, literally nothing many months.....)

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 3 of 12
Mellon
Established Contributor

Congrats. I received both letters today. CLI and upgrade

Message 4 of 12
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the Target luv!
Message 5 of 12
ChistineNJ
Frequent Contributor

I received 2 letters from target (on the same day) One was the cli 5000cl( i have been getting cli every 6months) and the other letter informed me that my red card was being upgraded to target mc. 

C1 Venture 15K| NFCU NAV CHECK 15K| CASH REWARDS 5K| CARE CREDIT 3K| NORDSTROMS 1K| LORD & TAYLOR 1100| WALMART 600| TargetRed 500|Rebuilders

CAP1 1650| CAP 1 1100| BARCLAYS 2500| NREWARDS 8500|
SCT: VS 1100| EXPRESS 1100| JCREW 250| *HIDDEN TL BML 650

SCORES 709, 657, 623
Pre BK scores: 569, 587, 553
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had a Target Card for 3 years.. Limit stayed at 300 for the entire time up until about a year ago.. In the course of a year, it's gone up to 2500.. Today I received the MC email and CLI... From a 300 CL to MC... I'm feeling good.
Message 7 of 12
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats, @MARKIEDEE

So now you have a $2500 Target MC?
Message 8 of 12
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Perseverance is paying off for some Target holders

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes 2500 MC... But I have several more cards. This was just surprising since the CL was just 300 and they wouldn't give me an auto CLI...
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.