Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Total Rewards Visa from Comenity Bank

tag
bkfriendly
Established Member

Re: New Total Rewards Visa from Comenity Bank

I app'd on monday 4-01 also, got the 7-10 day deal, then wednesday 4-03 I get the usaa credit alert that comenity pulled my experian, so I know they recieved my app, but as of today no news, no letter, no nuttin'.....BTW, I did just call the 855# for the heck of it, not to speak to anyone, but waited till the automated system prompted me to put in my account# (which i dont have, yet?) then it states, if you dont know your account number enter your ss# & then last four of the home phone which was stated on the app, but they couldnt find a match Smiley Sad, so I dont know if thats a bad thing or not, oh weel, time will tell Smiley Indifferent

Message 61 of 187
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@improvingmycredit wrote:
Hey John398!
I usually take what a CRS says with a grain of salt. More often than not, the info received is incorrect. Shame really. Smiley Happy. I suspect that who they pull is still in relation to where you live in the US with Comenity. How's your app going? Any answer yet? Also, what's your credit profile looking like when you apped? Thanks for the info!!! Fingers crossed for a ridiculously high CL. Smiley Happy

oh ok I am in Dallas, I  do have high util on some cards so maybe thats why, my EQ score should be around 655, I will wait for the letter

Small world...I'm in Dallas too ! Good luck to all in your quest.

SisterGirl

SisterGirl
Message 62 of 187
john398
Senior Contributor

@SisterGirl wrote:

@john398 wrote:

@improvingmycredit wrote:
Hey John398!
I usually take what a CRS says with a grain of salt. More often than not, the info received is incorrect. Shame really. Smiley Happy. I suspect that who they pull is still in relation to where you live in the US with Comenity. How's your app going? Any answer yet? Also, what's your credit profile looking like when you apped? Thanks for the info!!! Fingers crossed for a ridiculously high CL. Smiley Happy

oh ok I am in Dallas, I  do have high util on some cards so maybe thats why, my EQ score should be around 655, I will wait for the letter

Small world...I'm in Dallas too ! Good luck to all in your quest.

SisterGirl

You too SisterGirl, I hope you get all you want as well

Message 63 of 187
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Im around Dallas! Haha!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 64 of 187
biimmer

Guess I'll be the first to post results of the 7-10 day message. Actually I think this will be my first post here all together..long time lurker. Anyway....

Applied on 4/1 got the 7-10 day message. Received my denial letter today.

Number of recent inquiries

Excessive obligations recently established

Limited credit experience ????

Score of 884 on their 1-999 scale. They pulled EQ and my most recent fico score is 672.

I'm assuming this is a result of last months app/cli spree. 

Message 65 of 187
john398
Senior Contributor

@biimmer wrote:

Guess I'll be the first to post results of the 7-10 day message. Actually I think this will be my first post here all together..long time lurker. Anyway....

Applied on 4/1 got the 7-10 day message. Received my denial letter today.

Number of recent inquiries

Excessive obligations recently established

Limited credit experience ????

Score of 884 on their 1-999 scale. They pulled EQ and my most recent fico score is 672.

I'm assuming this is a result of last months app/cli spree. 

Thanks for posting that, I am sure my letter is in the mailbox too, wow 884 out of 999 and they still would not give you a card seems kind of strict Smiley Indifferent

Message 66 of 187
innvaderr

I finally got the card in the mail today. I applied 4/3

Message 67 of 187
mikey4833
Valued Member

Just applied got 7-10 notice. I got the same notice when I applied for a Giant Eagle Store Gas card from them and a HSN card which both of those got approved. Hopefully I'll get this card and can retire applying for this year way too much this past 12 months and I know inquiries are bad.

Starting Score: TU:599 EXP: 596 EQ: 595 Starting Year 2009
Current Score: TU:715 (685 FAKO) EXP:647 (673 FAKO) EQX: 637 (FAKO 615) - All on 04/24/13 In the garden until 05/2014 because too many inq and low AAoA 1.4 mo. My BK chap 7 will be 4 yrs old July 2013
Goal Score: 760+ across the board by next year July 2014 5 yrs after BK

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 68 of 187
pcooker
New Visitor

Re: New Total Rewards Visa from Community Bank

I applied 4/3. I have a EX score of 692. I had a BK about 4yrs ago. I got the notice today 4/12/2013 that I was denied for BK

Message 69 of 187
sandman2435
Established Contributor

Re: New Total Rewards Visa from Community Bank

Got Denied as well..Had a 986 out of 999...Its a waste of time to apply with them..tried to recon with no such luck..They said too many Enq..Pulled Equifax..Also told me that even though I show no debt..That my total available credit counts as debt.

Message 70 of 187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.