Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Year, New Card - Cathay Pacific Signature Visa

tag
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

New Year, New Card - Cathay Pacific Signature Visa

Hello Everyone,

I was reading something about Synchrony and their various credit cards and realized that I have / had most of the Visa cards. I recently dropped two cards (BP Visa and CheapoAir Visa) that each had a $10,000 limit, but a 28.99% APR, so I hardly used them.  I saw the Cathay Pacific card and decided to play around with the miles system to determine how many miles it would be to get to Rome (it won't be until August of 2020, which is my 10th wedding anniversary) and noticed it was 50,000 in economy and obviously more if I wanted to upgrade. I thought that it was reasonable and that American Express MR points can transfer as well. I also saw that the card had a 40,000 mile SUB if I spend $2,000 in the first 90 days. It also has an APR of either 17.99% or 20.99% for their signature card and 23.99% for their normal card. It had no FTF and 1.5 miles per dollar spent on foriegn purchases and dining. Hmmm, I'm going to Paris in March, I don't think $2,000 will be a problem. 

I filled out the application and chickened out at first. I sat down and ate dinner (ironically, Chicken in Peking Sauce, which is very spicy. It is so spicy, it can take the paint off of your car). I then said, let's try it. Filled in the application and instantly approved for a $6,000 SL. Some of you also know that I recently got a Delta Reserve, so what will I do with that since it also has a 40,000 mile SUB? Simple, I'll go with my wife  on a trip to Las Vegas for the holiday season of 2020. 

TU Fico 08 - 749 Income reported - $300,000. 

While I was looking to reduce my exposure with Sync, this one time I'll gladly trade in two high APR cards for a one with a reasonable APR. 

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: New Year, New Card - Cathay Pacific Signature Visa

Congrats BizzoSmiley Happy Wow , 300k, NOICESmiley Wink
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 3 of 6
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your new card!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 4 of 6
CivalV
Established Contributor

“NOICE” haha

Congratulations!! Nice SL. Im loving the trips you are planning with your wife. And 300k income? Totally goals for future me 💪🏼
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and very nice SL !!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.