Contributor

New credit cards approval

Ok first I have
navy cash reward 2140 out of 14000
Capital one 700 out of 1800
First premier 0 out of 450
Capital one 0 out of 750
100% on time payments with Transunion 3 inquiries no baddies
Hp from Transunion. Experian the same with a few closed bad account no collections though just a 3 lates in the last 2 years and Experian report the same as Equifax l.I got new navy fed flagship approval yesterday for 20k. Oh I got denied for Alliant said 7-10 days in the mail decision why I’m not approved. Hp thru Transunion.Also was preapproved for capital one qs. Which I already upgraded the platinum to already so I didn’t apply.. discover cash back and chrome card, which I applied but went into review and to send in documentation because I placed a fraud alert on Experian tryna erase an authorized user account that was on my report.. and American Express delta, cash magnet I didn’t apply for neither yet.so I’m just thinking which way should I go I like all cash back cards or should I just try a credit union like Michigan first penfed zeal or cornerstone financial community which I bank with them all. I’m scared to try to get penfed cc I seen tomany denials on this forum so I want to wait til my scores increase Fico 8 Transunion 702 exprerian 679 Equifax 630
11 REPLIES 11
Quame15
Contributor

Re: New credit cards approval

New update called discover back 5mins ago and they approved the verification and I was approved for 15k
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on Discover!
Message 3 of 12
CramEiko
Established Contributor

Congrats. I'd let things age before PenFed. 

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 4 of 12
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!👏👏👏👏

BEUDAFUL(NY accent😉) SL👍👍👍

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 5 of 12
Quame15
Contributor

How long should I let them age
Message 6 of 12
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 7 of 12
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approvals especially the 20K flagship.

Just a suggestion...If you want more suggestions on what to do next, I would say maybe break down this post and create a new and more clear one over on the "Credit Applications" board with the questions about when to apply for Penfed or whoever else.

The way this one is laid out is a bit difficult to understand. Include your scores, each card/limit/utilization. Also include any negatives on your report, and any loans. List anything else that would be worth including, good or bad. If you put all of this more in List form, rather than paragraph form, I think it'll be easier to understand and read.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

+1 Ron . Good advice.

Op, big congrats on a 20k Navy card. 15k with Discover is incredible. Not many of us get to experience that. PENFED WHO??Smiley Wink
Message 9 of 12
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Great news on approvals... welcome 2 the fam...nice sl on both cards Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.