cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to the Forum But I got Approved too!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New to the Forum But I got Approved too!

I have been reading and soaking up nearly every word on this forum. You guys are an amazing treasure trove of information so I decided to take the plunge too. I had only one credit card, which was my Credit One card (feel free to insert BOOS here) but I hate it. I was only using it to get my credit up and that's exactly what I was able to do. Soon, I found myself soaring into the 700s after piggybacking off someone else for good credit too. 

So, I went for the Discover card. I wasn't instantly approved, but for some strange reason, I got a letter about my new card and was confused for a moment.

What new card?

It hit me. I must have been approved! I called Discover and she nonchalantly said, "Yes you were approved for $500." Now I wasn't too happy with the SL but I was just uber excited to join the Discover "family". So, I was happy......for a day or two. Then I realized that I needed something to fit better with my lifestyle. I'm disabled in a wheelchair, but I do some modeling from time to time for my new agency that only works with disabled people. (Lots of changes in my life) So, for some odd reason I decided to pick the Chase Freedom card. 

I wasnt immediately approved. I think I would've fallen out my wheelchair if I was. I said to myself, "Its worth the wait." So I waited a day. Then Chase called to confirm information and I held my breath....

"Congratulations, you've been approved for a SL of $8500." I actually dropped the phone. My nurse grabbed it off the floor but I wanted to sound super cool...not like a teenager with a date to the prom. 

"Hello?" he said.

"Yeah. I'm totally here." I tried to sound cool but I was so excited. When I hung up the phone, I was practically popping wheelies in my chair. I got a good card with great benefits AND a SL I was Soooooo not expecting. So, thank you for all your good advice. I have learned so much from you guys. You all rock! Thanks again. I think I want one more and then I'll be good. 

Thanks for your kindness and wisdom.

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: New to the Forum But I got Approved too!

Congratulations on your approval! That's a big Chase SL.
Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you kindly!

Message 3 of 34
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous 

Welcome To myFICO Forums and

Message 4 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

aww shucks.....**blushes**

Thank you!!!!!!!! Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 34
AllZero
Mega Contributor

You might want to consider giving some time to elapse before getting another card, like 3-6 months. Chase can be fickle with credit seeking behavior.
Message 6 of 34
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AllZero wrote:
You might want to consider giving some time to elapse before getting another card, like 3-6 months. Chase can be fickle with credit seeking behavior.

Good advice!!!

Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on both approvals! 

Message 8 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha! Thanks for that!

Message 9 of 34
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the two new cards!

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.