Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie! Looking for advice....Walmart CC approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Newbie! Looking for advice....Walmart CC approved

HEllo. Thanks every1 , I read this forum faithfully!

Have done very decent getting and working CS ⬆️, slowly. 1 derog on TU and EQ, 0 no EX.

no late payments.

49% UTI, I'm getting it down,

received walmart cc, 5 days ago for 300$, haven't received CC yet to activate. 

Do do you think I could have a chance for CLI?

Be FIRM but kind.😉

Tu 637 , EX 619 , EQ 623 ....... I'm trying!

Thank you much!

8 REPLIES 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Newbie! Looking for advice....Walmart CC

Congrats on your new card! im not sure if an immediate cli is possible considering your TU is a bit low from where i believe Sync likes it to be for higher cli, but you never know til you try. When you get your card, call Credit Solutions and request one. If they say no at least you know. I would give it some time, put some use on the card and show responsible use and you will be on your way. Once you get to 650 and higher, should be easier for you for clis. I started with just $150 limit, yikesSmiley Wink, but after some usage, auto luv, luv button luv, and CS, Ive been able to get up to 6,000 so it will come. Definitely work on your utilization as well. Best of luck on your credit journey. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
belle6m2k
Regular Contributor

I think it is too soon. Be patient though Walmart grows well. I started with a 750 CL now I am at 10K.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Newbie! Looking for advice....Walmart CC Approved

Thank you AJ and belle ,

appreciate the advice. 

Message 4 of 9
susieqj
Regular Contributor

I agree as well, I just got approved for $1000 while my score was at 650 and they Denied me for an increase.
Message 5 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Dont worry Susieqj, as your scores rises, youll get there. Once you get to 680-690 you should be golden, hopefully anywaySmiley Happy
Message 6 of 9
susieqj
Regular Contributor

Hi Average

It funny you said that, my TU went from 650 last week to 686 on Sunday. I wish my EX and EQ would increase that fast, but happy for my progress.

Message 7 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your increase! As im on the cusp of finally getting rid of my bk7, im hoping my scores jump as well. EQ for me is the worse and seems like it never wants to improveSmiley Wink . I believe my bk should fall off by april/ may next year but for some reason on my free TU credit report it says my bk7 should fall off in Dec!! I hope, maybe early Christmas giftSmiley Happy. Ex has already fallen off but i think i have a late car payment still on that should fall off in 2017!. I

Its always exciting to see your progress going forward especially if you've never paid attention to your credit beforeSmiley Wink Have you tried calling CS now that your TU is higher susieqj? . I know in these crazy Sync days , gotta tread a little more carefully when asking for clis but perhaps once every 6 months or so wont hurt. I was actually at 700 at my TU until recently when an old account fell off my report so now im about 695. Cant wait to break 700 again. Best of luck on your credit journey, it is quite the adventure!!Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well .... VS store card received a CLI , in 6 months 150$ to 550$ .. I'm good with the gradual increase. 

Mostly use use for gift certificates or perfume and pay off monthly, used 3 times only.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.