Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next AMEX BCP CLI? - Approved!!

tag
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Next AMEX BCP CLI? - Approved!!

Okay, I've had the card for 2 years. No problems at all. SL=2K; 60-day CLI=6K; 6-month CLI=18K. The usual procedure. I have a balance of about 1K on it that I'm not planning to pay down for about 2 weeks. Recently got the offer to have the APR reduced to 6.99% for 6 months. Current Util a little high-ish at 32%. Want to ask for CLI to buy something expensive that I can easily pay off in 6 mos or sooner and don't mind paying 6.99% on it, because it's deductible, or I can easily BT the balance to an upcoming 0% APR card. 

Here's the question: I was going to ask for 24K (6K lift). Does anyone here have advice or data about what the 3rd CLI request should be after the two 3X ones. Haven't had a CLI in over a year and have no derogs anywhere. 

PLEEEEEEZZE don't tell me I should be prudent and not buy the expensive thing. It makes my other investments immediately appreciate by 25%. I only spend big money on things that appreciate in value, which is why my car looks like a reject from the Clampett family.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: Next AMEX BCP CLI?

Ask for 30k after you've paid down the 1k in a couple of weeks.

Message 2 of 9
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

HeavenOhio:

I like your style.

Message 3 of 9
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

HeavenOhio:

A few minutes ago, I did exactly as you suggested, to the letter. 18K > 30k in one flash. You're the man. If you didn't live in Ohio (which I hear is heavenly), you'd have a gourmet dinner coming your way.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

1st year card can probably hit 35K before they ask for POI.

If you can provide POI through their 4506-T then go for the full ask 18x3=54K shouldn't scare them away. 

I know from personal experience of doing the 4506 process and shooting for the moon of 100K with them it may trigger a phone call to ask why you need 100K but, 50-60K is easily attainable.  W/O any questioning I hit 50K easily and then when I went for 100K they dropped a measily $700 on the table so they didn't have to do the paperwork for a proper denial of credit.  I called and told them to keep the $700 and went on with my business. Later on I added another card and they took 15K from the 50K to open the new account and then awhile later I asked for a CLI and they coughed up another 5K w/o asking for more docs.

Message 5 of 9
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

Re: Next AMEX BCP CLI? - Approved!!

source.gif

AU

Message 6 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on you approval!

Message 7 of 9
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

I've been in the garden for over 2 years and I'm eyeing the possibility of stepping outside the gate for a short time. In general, I use credit cards to buy gas, groceries and dinner and the occasional extremely expensive piece of art. Then, I go back to gas, groceries and dinner. I avoid 4506Ts like the plague and I don't foresee ever needing a CL of 100K on any single card. But, I DO like to keep the CL padded for those times when I slam my aggregate credit with a big purchase (as I'm doing now). So far, and with the help of the advice I've gotten on these forums, I've done pretty well getting my CLs pumped up. Now, I've got my eye on the NFCU Platinum. That card seems to have the well-rounded features I'm looking for. I think I'll head over to their office next week.

Cheers.
Message 8 of 9
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.