Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nfcu 91/3 2nd card big limit not true for me

tag
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

Re: Nfcu 91/3 2nd card big limit not true for me

I'm really sorry to hear OP about the lack of SL on your second card app. If it were me I would keep it open since you already took the hit on your CR.

In time they will grow. Also being that you have baddies on your profile it will take longer for them to warm up to you.

And without sharing exactly what's on your profile it will be hard for any of us to help going forward.

Just a little back ground on myself I lost everything in the housing bubble 2007-2009. I didn't use or apply for credit until about 2 years ago and really started doing well up until I joined myfico. There is a plethora of knowledge here that can be a great tool to use going forward.

So good luck with your journey going forward we're all here for ya👍  

NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 13,000 | Discover 19,500 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=764 | EX=775 | TU=757scores and CL current as of 04/04/24 AAoA years 24 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 21 of 52
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@MeN5 wrote:

@Eagered2succeed  yeah im honestly thinking of closing it based on reconsideration decision im still waiting for a response. I was under the notion that navy would take care of me this go around lol 😆 im hoping for a favorable outcome.

Its only been 3 months or so right? (91/3)  see where you are in 12 months and reevaluate.  3 months in credit terms is nadaSmiley Wink

Message 22 of 52
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@MeN5 wrote:

@Eagered2succeed  yes i spend at least 30% monthly and always pif never let a balance report yet. But always pay the interest or fees balance within a day or two.

You dont need to cut yourself off at a 30% spend rate if you believe thats what recommended. Use it to buy what you want up to the limit if need be if you are pif anyway. Just a thoughtSmiley Wink

Message 23 of 52
Eagered2succeed
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@MeN5 wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner Me too dont believe the hype Ill keep you posted on the reconsideration.  Besides this myfico forums had me join dcu and apply for that card lol 😆 nope not approved with a 681 score to many accounts after bk but said i qualify for 3% interest on an auto loan which is lovely if i was looking to get a new vehicle 😆 

Sorry again, its the myfico effect, but lol, we did not have you join anything  you didnt want to trySmiley Wink.  

Agreed. This forum just gets your energy going lol.

Message 24 of 52
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Congrats! ,, they seen something they did not like.

Not normal for a second card's SL to be that low.

True Smartie but people need to realize a bigger limit on ones second card is not gaurenteed.  Most people get higher, sure, from what we see from us MFers lol, but we dont see everyones dps . Just like a cli,  expect a hp be happy with sp. Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 52
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Eagered2succeed wrote:

@MeN5 wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner Me too dont believe the hype Ill keep you posted on the reconsideration.  Besides this myfico forums had me join dcu and apply for that card lol 😆 nope not approved with a 681 score to many accounts after bk but said i qualify for 3% interest on an auto loan which is lovely if i was looking to get a new vehicle 😆 

Sorry again, its the myfico effect, but lol, we did not have you join anything  you didnt want to trySmiley Wink.  

Agreed. This forum just gets your energy going lol.

Lol, tell me about it. If anyone doesnt believe look for the posters who come with only an inquiry or two , didnt know they could app more and after first approval, subsequent post follow ups are on new card they picked upSmiley Wink.

Message 26 of 52
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@MeN5 wrote:

No, nobody made me apply, but it's the way it's pushed here. The amex 3x CLI is a perfect example. It's actually highly unlikely for someone to get it, especially if they're a new amex client. Yet, it's preached like gospel and recommended in every approval thread. While it's usually a SP so it doesn't hurt someone to immediately try, we don't know if someone may have had a better chance at month 3, 4, or 5 and they were actually hindered by following the crowd. If it was just about any other lender, people would be recommending to wait at least 6 months before attempting a CLI. 😉

Message 27 of 52
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@MeN5 wrote:

@Eagered2succeed  yes i spend at least 30% monthly and always pif never let a balance report yet. But always pay the interest or fees balance within a day or two.

You dont need to cut yourself off at a 30% spend rate if you believe thats what recommended. Use it to buy what you want up to the limit if need be if you are pif anyway. Just a thoughtSmiley Wink

I would agree with Joe, closing probably would hurt you more than help you...

Putting Lender on the "back Burner" is not going to hurt them.

Is that just getting back at them out of spite? .. when looking at your profile,

They do take into consideration your repayment of other lenders, Limits other lenders have assigned.

Utilization, DTI, Score  and probably a few other factors. Reality is you can't expect Navy to throw out massive limits,

when they see other limits of $300.

"As of Q3 2019, Navy Federal has over $110.2 billion USD in assets, and 8.85 million members:

I think it would be impossible to hurt them. How can we demand more, when we use less?

Sorry, just truth day.

Message 28 of 52
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@MeN5 wrote:

No, nobody made me apply, but it's the way it's pushed here. The amex 3x CLI is a perfect example. It's actually highly unlikely for someone to get it, especially if they're a new amex client. Yet, it's preached like gospel and recommended in every approval thread. While it's usually a SP so it doesn't hurt someone to immediately try, we don't know if someone may have had a better chance at month 3, 4, or 5 and they were actually hindered by following the crowd. If it was just about any other lender, people would be recommending to wait at least 6 months before attempting a CLI. 😉

Thats trueSmiley Wink

Im just as guilty as next guy following  the herd. If i could do over my build, which could happen in future thanks to covid, pray that it doesnt,  i would definetly try and pick and glean the best info i could here and only apply for cards worth growing.  Stay safe everyone  its not easy out thereSmiley Happy

Message 29 of 52
Hut1
Established Contributor

I thought I saw you mention a BK.  NFCU is a bit skittish towards BK's especially if you have no prior relationship with them. 

If you want to grow with them, you can.  If you don't, then don't. 

download

Message 30 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.