Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nfcu approved finally

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nfcu approved finally

Long story short after years of not caring about credit or not knowing the importance of it i started with over 12 collections and 4 chargeoffs in jan. Scores across the board low 400s from CCT. Opened a opensky secured 200 used small purchases paid in full before statement.

Feb i opened a finger hut fresh start 180 limit paid over the minimum each month (just paid in full today)

March got in with nfcu through my brother active duty navy in for over 15 years. Applied for platinum card instant denial. Went for 500 secured card and approved.

April lots of navy secured card use ..1500+ paid multiple times through april statement cut with 111.00 balance. Opensky 0 balance

May..app for navy fed gorewards instant denial accounts to new serious deliquesces recon denied.( disputed and pif my collections and charge offs most removed except 2 on all reports did my self lots of hours money and work went in to this). most had mistakes and a few were not myine. Navyfed secured lots of use statement cut with 69 dollar balance opensky 0.

June 2 app for khols card instant approval. Tu score 607 equifax 617 ex no score CCT. Today i hit my 92 day for nfcu. Paid secured nfcu card in full yesterday. Apped this morning for nfcu platinum annnd BAM 5200 STARTING LIMIT cant belive it. Will garden for 6 months pif and remove last 2 collections. Cant belive it my hard work has paid off hopefully buying a home next year.

This forum has helped so much. NFCU Best bank ever.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nfcu approved finally

Congrats on your approval. Keep up the good work rebuilding!!
Message 2 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Well done, look forward to that big 20k card soon from NavySmiley Wink
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks appreciate it quick question i got a instant approval but it hasnt shown up when i log in to my account and i never recived a text ..does this take a few days?
Message 4 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah it could take a few days but any question you can call and im sure the friendly csr can help ease your mindSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again.. yep just called and was told it was approved 5400 SL not 5200 lol even better
Message 6 of 9
BPebbles
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the approval!  Patience and persistence can pay off!!

Message 7 of 9
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats! 🎉
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Great job on the rebuild and NFCU will definitely grow with you. I'm so glad that I got in with them as well.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.