cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nfcu cli denial after 91/3... But, approved for Cash Rewards!

tag
Gotham-
Frequent Contributor

Re: Nfcu cli denial after 91/3... But, approved for Cash Rewards!

I can hear Madea saying:
“Child let me tell you just go to that Navy and say y’all betta give me all the cards some cash back and a Navy Man 😆 Oh lord y’all giving cash Back and there’s no lines praise God I’m at the cash back bank giving cash away! and Mr Brown comes in and says they giving cash back Madea? She says yes Brown get back in the car!”

Anywho Congratulations 🥳🎈🎉🎊🎁

Back to my catch phrase...
🦇🦇🦇🥊💥🥊💥🥊💥✅✅✅
Bat Attack Approved!!!
2018 Dec Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 778
Achieved Goal Score 2020: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval! Sorry about the denial, though.
Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really don't understand the denial since there was no hp or sp on any report. Last ar was 12/31. They pulled TU for the cash rewards. Had 14 inquiries in last yr. 757 fico score. Almost didn't apply because of inquiries. Glad I did though.
Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Really don't understand the denial since there was no hp or sp on any report. Last ar was 12/31. They pulled TU for the cash rewards. Had 14 inquiries in last yr. 757 fico score. Almost didn't apply because of inquiries. Glad I did though.

Congrats! Navy has been doing soft pulls or looking directly at internal score for CLI's lately. If you dont see a soft pull then they used your internal score. Your internal score should be told to you in the "price you pay for credit" letter that you'll get from your second card approval in a couple of weeks. 

Navy seems to bucket the first card. There is no other explanation for getting 15k on second card but denied for small CLI on first. Same exact thing happened to me and many others on the forum. Your CLI rejection letter will most likely just say you reached your internal unsecured limit (BS). The price you pay for credit letter will have real reasons as to what they look for in your profile. 

Message 14 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

haha awesome! congrats on the new approval and high sl!

Message 15 of 30
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 16 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!
Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got the email offer to get my card number and apply it to my digital card account with samsung. Cost of credit gave me an internal score of 298. Question.... is it bad? Good? Or just decent score because they gave me 15000 dollar sl.
Message 18 of 30
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Just got the email offer to get my card number and apply it to my digital card account with samsung. Cost of credit gave me an internal score of 298. Question.... is it bad? Good? Or just decent score because they gave me 15000 dollar sl.

IIRC 450 is the max score. So 298 is good for a $15K SL with your profile.

Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. Thanks.
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.