Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nfcu declined. Approved on recon.

tag
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

Nfcu declined. Approved on recon.

Platinum MasterCard approved for 15k on recon after providing p.o.i.

Now have the cash rewards 24k, the cloc for 15k, and this new one.

Fico 08's all in the 680's. Nfcu score is 299.
Last app 1/2/2017.
In the garden until at least 6/2/2017.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nfcu declined. Approved on recon.

Congrats!
Message 2 of 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on the successful recon but since it was the Platinum Card do you know yet what the APR is they assigned for you?

That effort was well worth the time. Good going.

Message 3 of 10
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

My cash rewards is 2 tenths above the lowest so I'm hoping this one is near 6.99 but I don't know yet. It won't matter anyway though. I'll most likely only run some bills through this new one. Like the cell phones to take advantage of the free insurance.
Last app 1/2/2017.
Message 4 of 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@jdxprs1 wrote:
My cash rewards is 2 tenths above the lowest so I'm hoping this one is near 6.99 but I don't know yet. It won't matter anyway though. I'll most likely only run some bills through this new one. Like the cell phones to take advantage of the free insurance.

I very recently PC the Cash Rewards for this very card, the Platinum, and they lowered the APR from 11% to 8.99%, my absolute lowest, and am tickled pink. I'm not ashamed that i am an active roller of balances in a variety of ways and i seen some of my cards respond back, rewarding in kind for paying in a little interest here and there. So whatever works best for both sides of the coin suits me just fine.

Because of that NFCU is turned into a daily driver card now, something that's way different then before where they very rarely seen any action but PIF and SD'd.

NFCU has the corner on satisfaction for the whole boatload of their membership Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice goingSmiley Wink pulled of the ttiple lindySmiley Wink
Message 6 of 10
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

Yep. Now my next goal is to get them to lower my rates. Especially on the cloc where my rate is 16%
Last app 1/2/2017.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jdxprs1 wrote:
Yep. Now my next goal is to get them to lower my rates. Especially on the cloc where my rate is 16%

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that they don't give APR reductions on the CLOC, only the credit cards once a year.

Message 8 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@jdxprs1 wrote:

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that they don't give APR reductions on the CLOC, only the credit cards once a year.

You are correct

Message 9 of 10
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

Wow. Not really worth having for me then.
Last app 1/2/2017.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.