Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nfcu success story with credit score of 497

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nfcu success story with credit score of 497

Thank you...Its ok,I was just excited and didnt expect anything other than wow from anyone but its cool Im not gonna hold a grudge...
Message 11 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats that is an awesome story, so sorry to hear about your aunt. I burned a lot of creditors myself after my dad passed away I just didn't care. My scores were lower than yours. I've paid a lot of money to get my credit fixed and got in with NFCU myself. My cards with them are close to max. I just had a son and had to move out of state. Things happen out of our control. The score is affected a great deal when it's maxed but as soon as you pay it down and it reports the score will go right back up. Me personally I'm sure not everyone will agree but I don't have a problem maxing out a card if it's for things I had no other way to pay and it was a need. Like I said your score will bounce back you have to do what you have to do. I was living in my car just three years ago with no good credit whatsoever and because of the people on this forum I figured out what I needed to do and I did it. Now I have a fairly new car and rent a nice house and have three kids and a beautiful wife and happy to say I support them all financially by myself. I thought there was no going back. My credit is only about 620 right now but it keeps climbing. Wish you the best!
Message 12 of 38
KillerCut
Established Member

Average Joe? Cant spell or write proper sentences, really? Your saying all the negative stuff on your credit reports is from 10+ years ago? It shouldn't be on your report anymore then...

Message 13 of 38
ambivalent
Established Contributor

Op, congrats on your approval.  Be good to Navy and they will be GREAT to you.  Make sure you pay them on time and don't get in their bad graces.  Good luck!

Aiming for 700 across FICO 8 and $150K TCL
Message 14 of 38
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I see what your saying,It didnt seem to look like that when I was typing it lol how do I edit it?

Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

To edit a post you go to the options pull down menu in the upper right hand corner of the post and then select edit message, this will get you to the screen where you can edit then you just hit post and the edit becomes official.

Message 15 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval! So exciting!!

Message 16 of 38
trant3
Established Contributor

I can't help it but to point out that although you were successful in obtaining a new card and more credit, what makes a "success story" meaningful is the responsible credit use behind it. As you've' outlined multiple failed limit increase attempts, even one of $100, and then on to a new card, I don't see any proven responsible use. Me thread bombing with a "congrats" would be very insincere. My intent is not to be negative or mean, but to encourage responsible credit use which is the principle of these forums. 

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 17 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok trant 3 and killer cut here is something else you guys dont understand, I actually never said I was trying to rebuild my credit at the time I applied and got my 1st card and yes it really did happen 10 yrs ago or more bak..Quik fyi:1 as far as spelling goes I was very excited and typing fast when I wrote original post and some words I mispell on purpose cuz its takes less time and then yea sometimes I really just forget how to spell sum things lol I find it harder as I age and its crazy cuz in school I was a top speller won awards n all...2 a little bak ground when I was younger I got pregant at 16 and was married by 17..............I was young and believed in love and all things good and pure...I cant blame it all on him cuz I was dumb enuff to believe him,but I did let him talk me into getting all types of stuff........... swearing he would pay for it!!!~Like my 1st cell phone I got approved for 4 lines instantly from at&t bak when they were hot,I was sooo excited I wanted to help my family too,so I got my mom,brother,husband and myself all a phone...We had alredy been thru alot but I had 2 kids my mom never left my dad nomatter what I thought I was suposed to do the same,he was also abusive I know I was dumb right, anyway..........Longest story short he ran up his side of the bill to 2,000.00 texting and talking to another woman while roaming everyone else had payed their portion,but him ofcourse..At&t was nice enuff after all that to let my mom n brother have their own lines so everything worked out but it was sooo high and all the other things he talked me into getting were going into negative too like satilite and my banking account cuz I put him on my account and he withdrew all the funds and wrote cheks anywhere he could to where they dont get sent to court but to your credit like at target wrote 800.00 chek at target got game cube playstation games etc...And yes he was on drugs I was too blind to see for the longest...........Just know I did eventually divorce him,I hear divorce hurts credit too.......Anyway see tho if I didnt care about mt credit now I would of just maxxed out the card and never payed nothin, my payment is 20.00 I usaually make 40.00 payment until the last 2 months the account doesnt start interest until this june...The card only recently became maxxed out n the wake of my aunts death,I had no other funds avaiable at the time to just help with a funeral!!My cousin or nobody else ever got life insurance on her and a *hit storm was released,she is my aunt I loved her ofcourse Im gonna help,plus I was asked to....We alredy couldnt lay her down as she wanted to be,we had to do cremation which made it hurt extra bad...My aunt was on disability ssi and couldnt afford life insurance herself either plus she had alot of health problems,she was alone no husband n one child....Sooo chill out on me yall,u really dont know...However next month Im clearing my balance on 1st card completely and really dont plan on using it again only incase of emergency since I got til june before interest hits...I will be doing christmas on my new card paying 1 bill at the end of the month...I know why they declined cli on 1st card,cuz they arent making nothin, on the new one if I dnt pay it off immeditaly It occurs interest immeditily so if I do run a high balance they reap a high interest and credit card debt unless you file bankruptcy does attach to your estate when you die I guess they figure its 50/50 they get their money now or when I die but if they can get it now with high interest why not....Navy knows its all good with me,when I 1st got account with them after the 1st 90 days when my overdraft (oops) hit my account was -500.00 every month for the 1st yr thats why they sent me a invite for go rewards n gave 500.00 cuz they see they can trust me paying bak stuff..I have 2 accounts both max negitive right now but they know every month I drop 2500.00 plus into them too and take care of all they have givin me............... they charge you 20.00 for 480.00 making it 500.00 pay bak,they told me about this service n encouraged me to use it too...I dont know wat yall want from me,yea Ive been a screw up but Im not anymore I value these credits n services and would never let nothin mess up my relationship with this bank,they believe in me more than anyone ever has they make me feel important and valued as a person n helped me get my self esteem bak....quit it!!!
Message 18 of 38
beezer32
Regular Contributor

Loccstar74, as everyone else has said here, welcome to the forums! With that being said, try not to take the commentary here personally. 90% of the people come here to read advice and get advice. It's very educational and provides a lot of resource for folks. When someone lends you a word of advice here, it comes from a good place. These folks are just trying to be friendly and encourage you to do good for your financial future.

No one here is purposefully bringing you down and if they are, it's not done intentionally.

Your defensiveness however is going to bring you criticism. Telling people that they 'don't understand' and to 'quit it'. Stuff like that here is only going to get you negativity. Again man, this is an extraordinarily friendly and helpful place to discuss credit. Be positive! We are here to help...

Message 19 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

First of all you're on a public forum.  You are putting your story out there for others to analyze and judge if they choose.  The comments that were made by members of this forum were in no way meant to be deragotory/put you down.  More over the intent was to give contructive criticism to help you on your journey back to good credit health.  You're being overly sensitive and taking comments sent your way in good faith to help you and spinning them into drama.  Just stop already, take a deep breath and take it for what it's worth or rethink posting your life in a public place.  

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.