Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nfcu success story with credit score of 497

I received mine the next day just depends where you are YMMV
Message 31 of 38
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I got mine within 2 days on a Saturday when I ad it expressed to me.
Message 32 of 38
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Yes with the holidays even Fed ex could be backed up so allow a few days at least . I believe you can track it ??
Message 33 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

First of all, I'm sorry for your Aunt's passing.  It's never easy losing someone we love and care about dearly. 

Secondly, congratulations for your new CL!  These are exciting times for you. May you have many more success stories to share with us all in the future!

I must admit, when I read your initial post, I felt the same way most people who initially responded felt. But, as you added more detailed information about the circumstances that lead to your financial situation AND your feelings regarding NFCU, I began to see that you truely want to take care of Navy Federal and do right by them because they have taken care of you.  But since those details were left out of your original post, I understand why people initially responded the way that they did AND why you reacted the way you did.

It seems toward the end of the posts, misunderstandings were cleared and that is always a good thing. Smiley Happy  I don't think anyone on this forum wants anybody to fail because as many have already said - most of us have been there and done that.  The past is the past.  The future is unknown.  We can only now live in the present and look toward the future.  

The credit rebuild forum is so freakin' awesome!  Those people have a wealth of knowledge that will help you rebuild your credit in a very methodical way.  Fair warning, There are some tough people there that don't mince words.  I only say this because you said you were very sensitive.  Just know nothing is personal.  They are very serious about helping people build their credit - which is a good thing. Smiley Happy  And will give you step by step instructions in what to tackle first and how to go about tackling it.  They do know what they are talking about when it comes to cleaning up a CR!  They have help me tremendously as well as many, many others.   I hope you will glean from their vast knowledge. 

Lastly, you mentioned that the admin removed the scriptures from your story. It seems to me that this site's policy is to try to keep the conversations focused on credit and the like. As such, they OFTEN remove references to many controversial subjects like religion and politics (to name a couple). It has been my observation that they will consistently remove such references.  It's not personal, but just a way to keep the topics on point.

Good luck to your credit journey.  May your credit future be bright!  Smiley Happy

Happy Rebuilding!

Message 34 of 38
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Well said LOTR!
Message 35 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats  OP on all of your success. You certainly have been dealt with a deck of cards that were not in your favor. What matters now going forward is that you continue your path of success by tackling each financial goal one baby step at a time.

Overcoming losing a loved one is very hard, but you have shown grace and perserverance in your darkest days. Good for you and keep on pushing through! Welcome to the forums and happy holidays to you!

Message 36 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it is important to be conscious of how we say things. Since you can't hear or feel people's tone on posts, emails, texts, etc it is easy to take things wrong.

I left a different site I was a member of since 2008 because of this. People posting replies and comments that have nothing to do with the original post, rude comments, etc... criticism is needed at times and it warranted, but it is also important to realize how we give criticism.

The golden rule is always something I try to do in every aspect of my life and on here it is the same; reply to someone the way you would want to be spoken to. We all have made mistakes, we all can learn, we all can help. Every situation is different and we can't know all the details of everyone's situation.

It's Christmas soon and it is a good time to remember to treat people with kindness. Be kind and helpful. Again-sometimes we need to tell people what they are doing that is detrimental to their credit and then let them decide what they want to do, but we can do it without being rude, sticking to facts instead of insulting people on petty non credit related things. Be helpful and not hurtful.

Sorry for my high horse-I just see both sides of the story here and it made me realize why I love this board and why I felt it was unique compared to others. I left another board after being a member for over 10 years with many "friends" there....and lurked on here for months before posting. This board is so much more friendly and compassionate than others-i just hope it stays this way.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwansa..... Happy December..... Happy Saturday.

Hope I didn't leave anyone out. 🎄
Message 37 of 38
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Well said I completely agree with you Djgrolyons , Merry Christmas to you too !
Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.