Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nice! BoA Alaska Airlines Approval

tag
astrangerwcandy
Contributor

Nice! BoA Alaska Airlines Approval

Last CC application before heading back into the garden. Got it for the annual companion ticket. I had a bunch of COs in 2007. Since then I've gotten all of my stuff together and have high 700s for credit scores. A year ago I got off of the Citi/Chase blacklists and got some limits in the 5000-7500 range. A year later I got approved for a Choice Privileges from Barclay for 10k, awesome, highest limit yet. Got approved for Chase Disney although I don't know the limit yet. Finally logged into my BoA account who I also had a CO with and applied for this card. 16k limit. NICE! Highest limit I've ever had.

For anyone starting the rebuild it's well worth it! Just time, patience and being good with your credit management can get you back in the game with some nice limits!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nice! BoA Alaska Airlines Approval

Congrats on the approval

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval and your progress with your credit rebuilding! It is an incredible feeling, isn't it, to get back in with someone you burned? 

Message 3 of 18
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval and great SL! I too had CO's with BoA, Citi and Chase. Chase has seemed to overlook mine and I've done well. No luck with Citi so far and BoA always counters with secured stuff but this gives me hope that someday I can pick up the Alaska card. 

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, this is the card I am hoping for. I am still waiting another month so that some inquiries age and hopefully some baddies on my CR are corrected before I apply.

My wife has this card so if I am declined I will have her add me as an AU. Does anyone know if this will help me when I reapply in the future? 

Message 6 of 18
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!! Was it instant approval?
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on that approval!!

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, congrats on the approval !!

Message 9 of 18
astrangerwcandy
Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Congrats!! Was it instant approval?

Yep! While logged in to my BoA account it was instant.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.