cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nice Little App Spree: 5 Approvals (yay!), 1 Decline (boo)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice Little App Spree: 5 Approvals (yay!), 1 Decline (boo)

They say when it rains it pours. A little over 3 months into my Credit rebuild I decided to check to see if I was pre-qualified for a Discover IT card today. To my surprise I was. Submitted the app and was approved for an eye opening $2400, a whopping 3 times more than my next highest CL. I was planning on opening up a Discover Secured card in about a month so I can have it graduate in a few months but now it seems I don't need to. Very happy with that, I decided to apply for a few other cards I had my eye on but wasn't planning to app for since I didn't think I'd get approved since I opened up 4 other CL's back in December. Lo and behold 4 more approvals! Along with the Discover card I ended up getting approved for an Amazon Prime Store Card at $600 SL, Target REDcard at $300, Paypal Cashback MC at $300, and a CapitalOne Platinum at $300. With the exception of the Discover card, those SL's might seem a bit paltry but I was shocked I was even approved to begin with. I also decided to try for a CLI on my CapOne QS1 I opened 4 months ago but so far haven't heard back from them. The one card I wasn't approved for was the Blispay Visa. Sucks that ended up being an unnecessary HP but overall a very productive day.

I think now's a good time for me to garden for a while. Keep those accounts pristine for a year and maybe go on another spree.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Nice Little App Spree: 5 Approvals (yay!), 1 Decline (boo)

Congrats Amazon prime CL will grow quickly.  Cap one will be the steps program.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! You need at least a 680 EX score for approval with Blispay.

Message 3 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice job. Now is the time to take a step back . Thats alot of credit in short time but given some time off, your scores will rise as will your limits.
Message 4 of 11
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approvals! I bet the approvals and the rush you feel when you click submit was awesome.

Have you thought about joining me and others in the garden? You have done the hard work, Time to let them grow.
***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OP!

yeah garden a bit and watch your scores grow. (might take a hit for a bit tho, no sweat)

Message 7 of 11
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations! You give me hope in one day posting my progress. Keep up the good work!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys.

I was thinking about opening up a $200 Citibank Secured card in a couple of months for the purpose of getting my EQ FICO8 from them every month. Think that's a good idea? I already have TU and EX covered from a couple of my other cards.

Message 9 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Citibank doesnt give Fico 8, i believe its a bankcard 8 or something. Wait until you can apply a unsecured Citi, youll feel much betterSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.